Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Course structure, access to CMS and course tools and availability to students are key to ssucceful elearning. 

Instructors need to implements several ways to interact with students. 

Elearning is a dynamic situation with  diverse students.  It is opinion to invole in discusions and have team building exercies

I have been teaching for a while. One task I did not know how to do was drop a student from a discussion. This learning section was beneficial in ensuring I could perform the necessary functions for online class management.

Structure of content is the most usefull tool and requires time to be succesful 

Just how different online learning is from face-to-face instructional style.

Supportive infrastructure consists of learning support and technical support and they both come from the instructure.

E-learning environments, when organized properly, are an effective way to educate. A key component to reaching our students is to familiarize ourselves with the CMS. It is also important to know that not every instructor will prepare and deliver the material the same way.

I feel supported knowing that there are diffrent typs of supports provided for instructors.  I also for it interesting that there is not a gengeral expected way that instructors are expected to present , but that they are able to present in a way that best suites them.  

So far I learned the structure of this course and ease of use.  I plan to contribute and reequest feedback as I complete the course. 

I will strive to be better organized and use a calander to remind me to open and close topics and discussions in a timely manner

I have learned that it is important to engaged the student in course activities because this assists in postivie retention levels.  It is important that instructors are oriented to the course management system so that they can assist students with orientation to the system or directing them for assistance.  This will help to eliminate frustration for the students when they are guided in the process.  

Also, I learned how important it is for instructorsto  familiar themselves with course delivery format 

I learned how was the  diffrence teaching online with in classroom. My success as online instructor relies on several factors such as build a relationship with each learner.

I learned each instructor has differernt methods to teach online but instructor must know how to answer learner's questions to reach the common goal.

Make sure I learn how the navigate the system before making assignments for the students. Also, undertand that students might have some challenge using an online platform but faculty should make sure students understand how to navigate system.

I learned that as an online instructor - there are several ways to interact with the students and make sure that they are undersatnding the information in which you are delivering.

It is not enough to just be familiar with content--we must also be very familiar with the CMS and every aspect of the course. Additionally, the student comfort level is crucial to student success, so it is important that students have technical support and academic support, knowing that they have assistance available at all times from people who want them to succeed.

So far what nI'm reading my campus is doing this for your students.

Understanding the online platform and ways to communicate with students is vital in online education.  One must be aware of factors such as time limits for discussion/posts as well as student responses/questions. 

It is essential that the instructor fully understands how the online platform operates so he/she is able to communicate with the students online.

Sign In to comment