Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I appreciated the concise breakdown of all of the requirements for instructors teaching on-line. It's nice to have a list of expectations before beginning a new task. 

Breaking down assignments by module may increase the effectivness of reception of the informatin

Easy accessibility and easy transitions to next course content is crutial to keeping students engaged and continuing. 

E-Learning, is different for everyine involved. Once we as instructors learn how to navigate the courses we can help our students navigate their courses and assignments. 

I have learned that i need to be familiar with CMS online teaching/learning system in order to be successful as an online instructor. online teacning can cause anxiety and frustration if learners ae not familiar with the system; its crucial to have the learners navigate through the orientation program before they start elearning. 

Checklists can be useful. 

In order for a class to be successful online, the instructor should have an understanding of how to operate it first. Students can easily be distracted or get frustrated if they do not understand how to navigate through a CMS system. Therefore, we as instructors should take the time out and introduce it and ensure students know how to navigate through the course content online.

teach your own way! Be famiiar with the course content that you are teaching at the time of lecture

One of the most important things about being an online instructor is to go through the whole class checking that all links are working, all items posted are available and easily accessible to the students, and any support source information is visible and easily accessible to the student.

Even though the delivery of the content is online, learners want to feel supported and engaged in their learning. Instructors have the responsibility to help learners feel as if they are a part of a "regular" classroom.

Listening to my students need,applying this knowldge as I teach

Its our responsibikity to ,ake sure all students are on the same page

Familiarize yourself with the platform so that student feel secure about their lerning. 

I have learned so far that in order to be a successful online instructor, I need to familiarize myself with all of the course delivery features in order to help facilitate the student success completely. Being able to identify the multi-faceted areas of the course delivery system including how to navigate both the instructor view and what the student is viewing as they navigate the course content is essential in achieving end of course outcomes.

Online Teaching Techniques --> Course Delivery

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it.

The orienation of the faculty and the student to the CMS and all of the parts is imperative. Having instruction material is great, but formating the class to make students use it in the first week is key.

In the e-learning system,the instructors will be applying different approach in order for the effective learning of the students. In comprehending the course content the instructors  should be able to balance the information and techniques that needs to be applied in the course content for learning to be more effective.The manner of how the content will be delivered is as important as the content itself and is greatly affected by the technology and accessibility of the materials. Along the process, the instructor should be able to interpret the trail of responses to discussion questions,participate in chat sessions,respond to students input,manage group projects, evaluate scores and generate student activity reports.

The importance of understanding the various methods of instruction that are available to learners, and as a course instructor, understanding how to make those methods accessible to the learners.

I learned how to help the students to be engaged in the online instruction method.

I only have experience, to date, in a class room. I found it very interesting in how E learning has similarities to the class room, however, I can see that there are drastic differneces as well.

The role of the instructor is not only to share knowledge and experiences on one particular topic, it is about providing learners with the necessary tools to feel comfortable in a e-learning ecosystem.

Sign In to comment