Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned about the importance of be familiarized with every aspect of the CMS and the course design to give support and achive the course objectives

In this module I have learned the basis of a structure in a course, in which areas I must emphasize so that this structure does not harm the course, accompanied by a technical support that will allow its development.

I have learned the layout of the structure in the courses, their organization, and how to develop the initiation of the courses. How impoertant is the technical support for the development of online courses.

To understand and be able to naviagte the CMS.  To be techinally proficent as well as course material proficient.  To have empathy with students and their frustrations with technology and the CMS.   To be as consistent as possible with my contant delivery. 

Reply to Gina Barton's post:I learned the various ways to delver the material

I learned from this module that the course structure leads the students to get a better learning. Also, while more quality of content, higher will be the interaction level.  I will intend to apply this material provided in the course using different techniques and many strategies that can increase the knowledge of the students in the courses, in a faster way.   

Familiarizing myself with a variety of techniques.

To gain trust and confidence from your students, you have to project confidence and honesty in what you're talking about. You need to have a full understanding of the material and how best to present it.

I have taken online courses in the past where they utilize the concept of discussion forums. As student I didnt relilize the benefit of the forums. As an instructor I can see the results of the forum. Forums allow students to write what they have learned in words they can comprehend. Not only does this ensure that the lesson is understood but will also help other students understand the lesson better.

Instructor presence is critical in the online environment to ensure student success. 

This is a nice review of topics and a reminder regarding techniques that are easily set aside when you are busy.

I have learned that you have to become a student of the content and understand it in order to be able to effectively deliver it to the student. It is important to do this because it builds the students confidents in me as an instructure, which aids in the students ultimate success.

Communication can often suffer through an online platform, but if anything, there should be more attention given to in what ways and how often we communicate with our online students! 

Student success will be significantly impacted by the ability to deliver content online effectively and efficiently.  

The importance of taking into account the characteristics of the structure of an online course, if like quality and interaction while learning. It is important to know and master both the structure, the content, as well as the technical support of an online course.

I learned it is important that you are familiar with the CMS your school uses in order to help facilitate student learning.

I will familiarize myself with the learning resources platform software to suceesfully implement course objectives, expectations and delivery of course material.

I like it gives me the support and tools to become familair with the subject I am teaching and how to deliver the information.

There are factors that can cause an online student to become frustrated, such as, expertise in computer technology and software, malfunction of the computer system and software, and dysfunction of the CMS.

a great introduction!

Sign In to comment