Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned how to engage with students as an online instructor by learning there are different ways to enagage with them.

Excellent resourse for instructors and educators. 

I've learned that, though there are a variety of approaches to facilitating effective distance learning, they all involve the common thread of providing a robust support system for students.  This makes sense.  The lack of in-person communication in distance learning can leave students feeling alone and frustrated if their needs are not attended promptly and effectively.

Hello All

I intend on familiarizing myself with the lms I am using, and providing students with feedback on their assignments. 

Familular yourself with the content that will be presented and organized your presentation for different teaching styles

The student knowing they're supported will help them to be better e learners. I woul make every attempt to assit the student by providing the students with extra tutorials, additional meeting times.

I will need to gain a mastery of the CMS and be there to assist students as they progress through the course.

Online learning utilizes a unique learning platform to assist with infromatino delivery.

Online learning requires a solid learning platofrm from which to deliver modules. This will be soemthing I keep in focus.

I learned that you can control all aspects of how a student can access the material in a course to keep them together on ste subject matter in a timed curriculum.

Better strategies/practices to incorporate in online teaching to help facilitate constant student engagement. I currently incorporate in-class activities that keep students interested and include specific information about a current key topic. I think its important to have as many of these activities as possible because there is so much content that students have to retain in a short period of time. Finding real practical scenarios or activities that helps associate the material will have better outcomes in retention for students.

So far, everything is really clear in regards to how I can ensure the success of the student.

Learn and be familiar with all course content.  Strive to let students know where and how to go for help.  Instruct on the various subtle nuances of various platforms.

I am excited to learn about methods of communications through this course and looking forward to collaborating with everyone.

While teaching strategies may vary, the course content and delivery methods must be clearly understood by the Instructor and clearly defined in dissemination to the student. Dysfuntional technical systems can hamper the learning environment and frustrate learners.

What I found very interesting is the CMS system. I think having this system really gives the instructors an idea on how to be more organized. 

Organizing the course in a simple,accessible and friendly for all students. Try to make it easy and technically well oriented.

It is important for an instructor to have knowledge of the technology needed for a student to participate in the course. The instructor must also be able to refer students to the correct source in order to trouble shoot issues and concerns. 

Plan ahead and stay prepared so students will have the access they need and so you stay ahead of the game. 

Find out the strength of the students and apply teaching technique according with planning. 

Sign In to comment