Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The course is best organized by modules within the CMS. The instructor will optimally participate actively in discussions and post a summary of discussions.

I learned that learning structure and communication are core concepts that must be mastered in order to be an effective online instructor. There are many ways to interact with students and the more willing to partake in these methods an instructor is, the more that they will be successful.

I need to make sure I understand the complete course so I am able to answer my students questions and concerns in a timely matter sot that they stay involved and motivated in their course.

I learned in order to ensure my student's success, I must be utilizing the e-learning methods of the CMS. It is also of merit to understand the technical difficulties some students have with online learning.

It is important to review the course content and the CMS regularly as many areas might change within a short window of time.  I found that technology is changing rapidly and in order to keep up, I seem to be reviewing all the time...A must to be a great teacher!

I learned several different methods on how to interact withthe students.

The instructor in an online course must be aware of the interests/availabilites of multiple parties.  The instructor is the content experet, but must organize their content around the learning goals established for the course.  Additionally, the professor needs to familiarize themselves with the course assessment scheme and weekly student expectations.  Finally, the professor needs to know what they can assist students with, and who they can send student to for help with items that the professor doesn't have authority/ability to address. 

Matt Wilkerson

Understand cpurse content so we can be prepared to assist the students and plan for a successful class. 

For me it's going to be tough I'm used to a hands on approach so I need to make sure I can relate to the students that is not confusing to me or them so they get the education they need to to pass the course

If I don't know how to use the online platform, how do I expect my students to know?  That's what I keep coming back to.  This module gave me some ideas and to maybe make a list for myself as to which areas I need to make sure I understand.  That way I for one, know my way around instead of fumbling through, and two, I can help my students when they get stuck.

I have learned that lectures and assignments should have a uniform naming scheme.

Instructors should be comfortable and knowledgeable regarding using the CMS.  The overall sturcture of the CMS setup should have structual integreity and be easy to navigate for student. The content should be engaging for the active learner-centered learner.

In general, I've learned that this module is dealing with how to effectively deliver course content to students in an on-line environment. This is quite different from the actual development of the course, in particular, accurate course content. Having already been teaching the Electrical modules, I've seen many inaccuracies, suspect content, content without documentation, or even a hit of where it came from. 

As far as knowing where all the ins and outs and course parameters are, that makes perfect sense. But as an analogy, I wouldn't expect a chef to deliver a superb 7 course dinner, when the pantry and shelves are in disarray, and the ingredients are past date.

Common Forms of communication;

Body Language 55%

Voice Tone 38%

Words: 7%

Wyas to communicate:

Face to Face

Telephone

Written

The more organized the course is, the easier it will be to guide students

Learning support and technical support are necessary for students to feel comfortable and secure with their online learning experience.

It's very important to be familar with the CMS and content to answer any of my students questions and help them through the learning platform. I think it would also be a good idea to spend more time in the student view so I can help them when they have questions.

Keep the program student and learner centric.

I have learned that different instructors will use different methods to ge to the end gosl.  A combination of asynchronous and synchronous learning is optimal.  Before becoming an effective online instructor I have to familiarize myself to all the different aspects of the class.  

I have learned the importance of understanding the process and functions of the CMS system, using a variety of techniques to deliver the course content to keep students engaged, and have technical support available if needed

Sign In to comment