Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned a number of important aspects and characteristics of delivering an online course. The main characteristics of a quality online course are structual integrity, navigation simplicity, intellectual interaction, and active learner-centered learning. I also learned the importance that the college's CMS system can really make or break the learning process, and the lack of a good CMS program can cause early attrition and poor learning outcomes. The course is highlighting the importance that Learning Support is in the delivery of course content, as well as the importance of the instructor comprehension of their role and responsibility within the online environment, as well as the course content itself. 

The last aspect of importance was the importance of the instructor comprehending the course delivery format; this can pose a huge obsticle for instructors new to the online environment. The provided checklist was extremely helpful. I will be sure to utilize what I've learned thus far.

I think it is essential to view the course from the student's perspective and will utilize the 'student view' function in the CMS more often. 

Communication skills are very important.  

As instructor, it is as important to make sure the student's equipment is up to date and will comply with needs of each program as delivering the course materials itself. A student will feel frustrated if they are unfamiliar with the computer soft/hard ware and fall behind before the course even begins. 

Providing learners the adequate level of support will give them a higher sense of comfort and security and ultimately lead to the improved rate of course success. This emphasizes the importance of being available for students.

it is important to have a time frame set up to assiststudents, tools like zoom allow the face to face option

I'm happy that im taking this course., it increases my knowledge and clears my concept regarding e-learing and teaching.

The Course ouline is providing me with great notes on setting up my class on a Course Management system (CMS).

I believe as an instructor it's important to be organized and have a plan for your students. Be acessible to your students and provide input and responses to create a engaging and stimulating  learning enviornment.

I find this very interesting, it gives you ways of seeing the study plan in many different ways. It gives you a lot more idea's to apply to your teaching technique.

Instructors must be fully knowledgable of the Course Management System to provide the best support for student learning. Both content support and technical support must be provided to students to address learning frustrations within an online platform. To be able to maximize student learning, it is important that instructors know how to navigate the CMS to create learning activities to engage students, stimulate and encourage discussion, and to address issues students may be experiencing.

I learned to pay attention to my voice, my words and my body language.  preparation is key in any kind of interaction, tieing everything together for premium presentation.

Organizing the course materials into modules and lessons is very important

• Generate a summary of each discussion forum.

I have learned that in an online environment, it is important to have structure.  This is important for both students and the instructor. I learned that there is a specific way to structure the information in your course for effective learning.

Reply to Gina Barton's post: I also will find and implement my student's needs so they accomplish the course's learning objectives.

Describing the objectives and the agenda of the course is always helpful to build up a good relation with the students and to encourage their participation and engagement by providing them positive constructive feedback in a time frame to manage proper communication to achieve short term goals.

is as important to make sure the student's equipment is up to date and will comply with needs of each program as delivering the course materials itself

I learned that it is important for the instuctor to be familiar with the CMS in order to best serve the students.

Good review of communication basics.

I will take the time to find out what my students needs are so I can help them be a successful learner

Sign In to comment