Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The online learning envirment can be more effectively navigated when instructors are not only familiar with the curriculm, but also the CMS, course structure, and the technical challenges that may face a learner.

I intend to inplement this information so that the learners with whom I associate will feel a great level of support and comfort.  This will facilitate their learning.

I must ensure that I am completely familiar with the course delivery system, to enhance the online classroom experience for the students. 

The implimentation of threaded discussions in the online environment gives the instructor and student to receove feedback. 

To help set students up for success with e-learning instructures should familiarize themselves with the orientation and structure of the course prior to the start of classes, along with have a clear objective of the course goals. 

As an instructor, I need to not only be the subject matter expert but, I also need to understand the CMS through which the course is being delivered. It is important to keep the lines of communication between myself and the students open in order for them to be successful.

Seeing the format that the student sees, and being able to help them navigate because we are familiar with the system. Leading them through frustrations and keeping focused on the course itself, lots of possible distractions and "rabbit trails" if allowed. Time is critical to make all the deadlines and course requirements. 

An Instructor should know how the course is laid out and should also know how to solve  techanical Problems that might arise

I leaned that altthough tthe content in each class iss the same, the teaching styles may be very different.

As an instructor I want to fully understand the students in order to present to them what I am teaching.  If i can understand what the student needs I can prepare to teach them better

In this module I have learned about the importance of having a learning support AND a technical support. Having the 2 support systems will help to minimize frustrations of the students and staff. This should in turn provide a more engaged and successful group of students. I will familiarize myself with both support systems to ensure I am able to direct the students and staff to the correct support group if needed. 

I learned that a conventional course can be enhanced through technology.

It is imperative to understand the online format and have students be knowledgeable of expectations, how to access the information and be able to contact the professor if unsure how to move forward with assigments. 

Appreciate the reminder to confirm tech is correct before inviting students to participate.

My success of learning the new CMS system will aid in the success of the students learning the online material, as well as the technical support for both myself and the students. Knowing the content of the program, and how to use each function will be advantageous for myself as well as for my students.

I thought the graph, X/Y axis, relationships between quality of content over frequency of interaction with a positive correlation to learning to be an interesting addition to this training.

I thought the emphasis on analytics was interesting!

Using basic skills like the learning tree is a great tool to never get lost. I always say keep it simple, follow the hierarachy of the tree through the modules and lessons.  Teaching 3 ways: visual, audio and written. Not everyone learns the same way

I learned that there is a lot more that I as the instructor need to learn and be aware of to make the students learning experience enjoyable

As an instructor, I need to understand that what works for some people doesn't work for everyone. I need to learn effective tools that will best suit my teaching style. I also need to understand how students get frustrated with online education and try my best to mitigate confusion by being as clear and direct in my instruction on how to use the CMS.  

Thinking of the boundaries for my online course helps me to keep it running smoothly. Do I allow all content at once? Are there specific dates for content and quizzes?  This gives me an opputunity to think about how I want to present my course information. 

Sign In to comment