Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What I have gained from this lesson is that online learning is more than just providing click-and-read assignments. The more brain-power and higher quality media provided, the more learning that is done. 

Due to Corona, we are doing e-learning for the foreseeable future. The information in this course has opened my eyes to the fact that e-learning is entirely different/separate from traditional classroom learning.

In order to be a successful online teacher, I must be aware of the online platform that I will be using and having open communication with my students.  They will be more successful in the course if I have clear objectives and I am supportive to ensure they are getting the required information.  

I learned that I need to be sure I understand all the elements I am asking my students to do. Understanding how to "chat" or "give feedback" is important. Students also need structure and good gidance. Being organized with materials and resources with be important. 

I learnt that for one to be an effective on-line instructor one has to understand how Course Management System (CMS) works for themselves as well as for their students. That learning and technical support are very important for effective communication , learning, feedback and outcomes. I will begin by learning and understanding the CMS.

As a student of online learning and now as an instructor, I see the need to learn the different tasks associated with online learning.  It is not just sending an assignment and waiting for a response from your students.  It encompasses more details to make sure students learn.

Although very new to this E-Instructor progam.I realize we must communicate with the student. This means keeping them interested in the subject/course.

I am new to this format, but understand thea we must continue to challenge our students to get the most out of the online learning experiance.

Setting parameters at the beginning of the course will make the student more confident in the course.  They should know what is expected of them upfront.

I learned that just as it is in the  live environment, with an online environment, instructors will take different methods to teach toward the common the goal.

It is important to have the online lesson planned out in advance.  It is interesting to think about the technical difficulties and be prepared to address those as well as content information.  Being able to communicate with students is key and how communication looks with online learning.

I learned that the sucess of online teaching will be up to the instructor to properly navigate their lessons on a new system of learning. 

One of the most important things I took from this module is the importantance of being organized and well prepared before you even start to set up an online course.  Just like teaching in a live classroom, I more prepared I am the smoother the lesson runs and the students understand what is expected and being taught to them.  

As the instructor I will need to find what works best for each student and try to engauge with creative ideas. It's almost impossible to give each student exactly what they need but if they're entertained they'll continue to try.

Having clear goals and expectations for e-course is key.  A timeline that students need to adhere to and grading scheme that they can follow.  It is also important to have a constant line of communication with the students via email or messenger. 

As an instructor one has to be able to understand the online platform. 

the E learing can be a great way to learn, with Technology  being used more and more 

Found the tutorial to be informative. Communication is the key and now we will use various forms of that to ensure stduent success. 

The importance of the structure for the e-learning.  I have taught on Blackboard previously and was reminded how important giving detailed information to students will enable thier ability to be successful.  

In being an on-line facilitator/teacher, one must investigate the intricacies of the platform that is chosen to deliver content.  He/she must have a deep understanding of the processes and functions to set-up and be successful in delivering content to the learner.  He/she must also choose a platform and interactive assignments to keep the learner engaged.  An orientation for learners as well as organized structure should be in place to minmiize frustration in working within the e-learning environment.

Sign In to comment