Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to make sure all students know where to recieve technical support if need

Sharing knowledge is easy for most instructors but instructin on-line can be a challenge.  I think it is important as an instructor that we prepare ourselves in the forum in which we will use prior to interacting with the students.  

My takeaway from this module is the word "navigate." As an instructor, I have to know my CMS inside and out. Along with that, I need to decide how the information will be segmented and sequenced within the CMS to make it as clear as possible for every type of learner. It's my job as a remote teacher to not only navigate the system in a way that is conducive to learning but to navigate my students through the learning process, including any technical support they may need. 

I learned what is expected of me and my students and techniques on how I can best reach my students with the proper information for my students to learn

With the COVID-19 crisis I am having to converte a course from in person to online in an organization that has not been doing online courses.  I am using Google classroom as my management system but am also just learning it.  I appreciate the information in htis course and how much it will help me structure the rest of the term.

I have learned that we communicate in many different ways and we can help change the perspective of the person we are communicating with if we change our body language. When communicating face-to-face a lot more is taken into consideration and body language is a huge part of that.

It is important to familiarize yourself with the online learning platform you use. 

As an instructor I need to know the composition of my audience.  I need to keep them engaged with interesting lessons.  I need to tailor my lessons towards their age group. I need to use a platform they are familiar with and one that I can easily post and edit information.

It takes time to set up e-learning. Its takes skill to integrate your skill and knowleadge base to an e-learning enviroment.

I got a good refresher course in how to do a class online.  I have taken online classes in the past and this course refreshed that knowledge.

I leaerned an elearning course, should be well organized from objectives, lessons to topics. Online learning is different from the traditional classroom that the course within the virtual setting should be engaging, include projects, peer to peer communication forums. Tihe skills to facilitate a virtual class are different in many ways than those used in a traditional classroom. 

As our nation proceeds through the COVID 19 health issues, it is becoming necessary to provide an education in an online setting. I have a better idea about how to design the online course. 

I learned that students need to get a solid start with a CMS. A CMS Student Orientation course is important in order to make this happen. Online learning needs to be easy to navigate as well as content rich. 

I will make sure there is a Student Oreintation course and that I work with students to understand how to navigate the system. I will also make sure the structure is easy to understand.

This course gives all the elements needed for an effective on line course. Most of it is common sense once you understand the technology. I am already familiar with most of it, but some of it will require me to learn as I go.

I learned a bit about managing chat room with students. At the moment since our school district is going online. I have decided to utilize google chat and hangouts to have students contact me as well as email. 

I am taking this course to prepare for emergency online instruction in our district (Calallen ISD).  The important thing for me would be to familiarize myself with the Learning Management System that will be adopted for teachers and to understand how to provide my students with an adequate level of structure and support.

I'll do my best to be prepared to walk students through technical difficulties, like the one I just went through to get this on here!

I learned that students not only need to learn the course objectives and content, but also need to familiarize themselves with CMS.  It an was nice to see the various ways in which an online instructor can assess a student's knowledge on a subject matter.

Managing the learning environment and each learner's learning experience and to provide informative and constructive feedback in a timely manner, is very important to your success as an online instructor.

I have learned that it is important to be aware of not only the classroom/online side of teaching in this format but also the technical side as this will allow students a much more meaningful learning experience.

To become an effective online instructor, one must understand and master all the basic components and successful delivery requirements.

Sign In to comment