Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Course structure should follow a logical structure and sequence, they should be somewhat intuitive to move through. They need to have a componant of interaction and not just be words and pictures on the screen.

As instuctors we need to do our homework and understand all the componants of the online course delivery platform.

The student should have good learning support from the instructor and good technical support as well if a problem arises

I learned that the teacher needs to not only understand the material, they are the students go to person for other issues.

Communications in all its forms can either be of great benefit to our schools or filled with hidden dangers depending on our personal communication skills. Proverbs 10:19 says this. When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, But he who restrains his lips is wise. I've learned through this course to restrain my words and use them carefully whether face to face, on the phone, or in writing. Particularly in writing. Once you hit the send button you can't get it back.

I have learned the importance of having the online courses structured in a systematic way. I will refine the way I structure my courses on the course delivery platform that I currently use which is office 365. 

I learned that our District needs to have one CMS and have all the teachers trained.  Also, the instructor’s role is to be very well organized and prepared to make the student feel confident in their pursuit of knowledge. 

I am taking this course to help me continue to teach my students as we transition to an online learning environment.  The first module did not teach me much of what I need to know for this, but I am excited to continue learning.

I learn that not very student is tech savvy and I have to make sure thy undersatand the information and the deliver of the lesson.

The knowledge of the platform is key to success for both the student and the instructor.  There is a lot to understand about the platform before I will be comfortable with teaching online.

I have learned so much already about the basics of remote teaching and my responsibilities. I plan on using this as a guideline to ensure that I am approaching my position completely and with fidelity.

This module created a great foundation for expectations when switching to online teaching. I have never taught online, but I have taken online classes so it's interesting to see how some of these ideas correlate.

I plan to use this course to get back up to speed with online instruction.

Knowledge of IT and course are essential

Knowledge of IT and course are essential

I greatly appreciated how the information was broken down. It helps to understand that information presented to students in a on-line program has to be in smaller bits than in the traditional classroom setting while at the samw time reaining intellectually challenging.

My goal this week is to master the LMS system chosen by my school

It is important to be prepard, have working computer and hardware and organized with the different modules. I also like having an orientation to make sure that everyone is on the same page. 

One must adapt to each student as in the class room. Sometimes one must "stay aftr class" to help them get up to speed.

I need to find ways to help those who might not struggle as much with the content but the technological means in which they are delivered. It's my job as an instructor to be able to cater to both the explination of the content, and its delivery.

It is so important to become familiar with the platform being used.  It will make the presentation much smoother and less technology problems.

As a leader, we need to have a full understanding of the online programming used. So that we are using it correctly and giving correct communication with those learning. 

Sign In to comment