Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

On the last video she talks about helping students feel better about them selves when sharing something in class. The student may not have the best or correct answer but its my job to help them critical think it out plus there peers will see also how smart each and everyone of them really is. Giving them the confidance to stand and talk is just the beginning of there path to where they are going in there career. Plus letting them know the real world aspcets of deadlines to be met and expectations . 

I learned how to start a class with ice breakers. Making them feel evolved and not so nervous. The syllabus has all the information that is need to know about the class.

Starting a new cass can be challenging. However, getting to know your students every mod and becoming familiar with what works and what dosent' work for the class always makes the introduction to a new instructor and material run more effectively. Students must be engaged from the first day of class and setting the expectation in a positive classroom environment is always the key to success, for the student and yourself. Once you engage students the time files and students want more. Classroom management starts with the instructor and students envolvement from day one. Get that right from the first day of class and its a win-win situation for everyone. 

Reply to william Burkett's post:Role models are great! However, students want engagement and attention getters in the class room. Engaging students is key. 

Reply to Ramiro Reyna's post:Now that Moodle communicates Lessons, assignments and due date is great. My job is to ensure students understand the timeslines and goals for assignments. 

I always have students team up and work with one another. It's good to know, it's a good stragety 

I have been teaching now for less than 2 years. Many of the items discussed I picked up rather quickly but, some the strategies I read about are very interesting and appealing. I will definitley incorporate some of these strategies in my daily instructions.

I have learned that reminding students of due dates, even if the dates are in the syllabus, is a good idea to prevent students from turning work in late. It also protects the instructor if and when a student states he or she did not know when something was due.

I have learend some strategies to engage students when first meeting them

Preparation and organization are key to successful teaching and class management.

It helped me understand that my students are adults and are in the transition in learning that themselves. Often times they feel they might need the constant redirection or reminders to turn in assignements and it is important to draw the line in the sand from the begining. 

I have learned that setting yourself up to be sucessful starts with preparation.  Let the students know what is expected of them and what the objectives will be.  The section about late and missed assignments was very helpful because it shined a light on how to make the student responsible for their actions while at the same time giving them a chance.

Ice Breakers for starting a new Mod is very useful information since there are different types of people in the class you have to break the ice and make the students feel they are in a comfortable enviroment. Also to set deadlines on requirements and expectations on whiteboard to serve as reminders although verbally letting them know also post it on whiteboard so they can see.

very useful  information

use  the ice breaker ideas  already.  but  glad  others  want to use it.

have  talked about due dates    for the week  .

i  like  the  ideas  that mrs falcon  has  put.

very  good  things  to choose from

The value of analyzing the day is undeniable. I think more time looking at what worked and what didn't each day would be benifecial.

Ice breaking is something I usally do not have a problem with it is commonly said that I havent met a stranger. I really just like knowing the room I am in, however the paper plane example gave me empowerment to apply that to a group. Also while helping me create a healthly rivalry, which encourges one to move in mind, attitude, and body for healthy blood flow. I loved it.

Sign In to comment