I learned a better way set expectations for late assignments.
Clear expectations including grading, class content, and student expectations set on day 1 of the term helps to facilitate a successful term for the student and the instructor.
I've learned to establish clear expectations for students regarding grades etc.
a teacher needs to provide reasons for the students to participate and pay attention. this can be achieved by giving multiple reasons why the course may be pertinent to their chosen career.
Making sure clear expectations are established early helps both the instructor and students.
Class starts smoother when you establish clear expectations
Setting clear and visible expectations is important to ensure students are aware and informed of important information.
I love the idea of creating different color pages and highlighting the expectations in the syllabus. It will definitely help. I also agree with the idea of all students getting to know each other on the first day and the instructor to set the tone. I will have to try the airplane ice breaker and see how it goes.
I think by having the students get to know each other on the first day besides just introducing themselves and doing an activity is a great idea to incorporate in the classroom. Massage therapy is a hands on class so if we can have the new students feel more comfortable, I believe it would help to improve their skills. I also like the different font's and color paper for the syllabus and let the students know in advance what our expectations are.
Open communication is a must
Let the students know the objectives right away. And expectations
I will try to do ice breakers more than once a week.
I learned to be strict on my deadlines laid out in my syllubus
I use ice breakers already but I'm seeing that I should do them more often
I learned from this that I need to make the leap from an Sme to and Ide
I learned that I need to stick to my syllubus and spell it out to the students the first week
I learned the word "pshchomotor" . This is the skill function of the coarse. I like the use of ice breakers.
it is very good to go over class expectations, the first day of class. So new students will know what is expected of them in the course
I learned to set a deadline for assignments
An instructor who can blend course content with professional experience and keep students engaged in the learning process is called an Instructional Delivery Expert (IDE). An IDE is someone who not only understands the subject matter but can also effectively teach and connect with students using different instructional methods.