Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

useful information 

How to keep student engaged and interested in subject being taught.

The ice breakerfor the first day of class was a real good topic for me , Also the homework assighnments is a sitution i come across alot in class and i lack knowledge in that area . But after today i feel more confident and secure on how to approach the situation and how to explain the gradingprocess and the 10 % on late assighnments turned in late . 

Thank you

Marcos Castillo

I will work more on the assignmments deadlines. 

Be available for your students, help them find their comfort zones in the class room and reward speakers who speak out, try not to correct them but maybe repohrase a answer in order to make it correct. I find students relax when and speak out more.

I appreciate the insight on ice breakers.  As discussed in prior learning sessions, safety and trust are needed for an educational environment.  I believe ice breakers start developing this trust and safety.  Asking students about themselves, helping them learn about others and the instructor are all a part of trust building.  

SETTING CLEAR DEADLINES AND REMINDERS WHEN THINGS ARE DUE IN TRIPLICATE CAN BE VERY HELPFUL

The use of the syllabus to make sure assignment due dates are followed. Having students work in groups also allows them to open up about any problems that have to do with our discussions.

I learned about the icebreaker put it into play in my class. And also learned about the colored lettering and different bolt lettering 

This offered great ideas and loved the feed back from everyone.

It makes me know that I will have students with problems and we will both be on the same page of when assignments are due and if not what the penalites will be which is 10% if the assignment is late.

lead by example

Great concrete examples on how to phrase and enforce classroom rules

Be a role model to the students and set your expectations up front with due dates and assignments.

Making expectations clear at the start of the course will help avoid misunderstandings and complictaions. The syllabus is the source of truth where clear guidelines for students are written. 

I will Have due dates on my syllubus and on the board,

I will begin to repeat the due date early in the week.

Posting deadlines in multiple places as reminders is a great idea. Gives the student zero chance for excuses.

Icebreaker work when you have a whole new class. When you have the same group of students Mod after Mod cant really do them anymore. 

I do understand students do rely on our help when completing assignments to a point we must and should assist , comprehension is a key in where many students fail We have to assure that we listen when they ask for our assistance give them that security feeling they will not fail. 

The true measure os a student seccess is how well students are prepaired to accomplish goals.

Sign In to comment