Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Discussing goals and needs are important

The importance of drawing from life experiences to make content relatable.

Every student is different and will have unique needs. Learning about each student will help plan the lessons and teach the course.

Talk directly with the students. Be a good listener but don't get sucked into the complaint with them

I learned that it is important to consider differences in age and backgrounds. I learned the importance of being understanding of extrinsic situations while maintaining academic and professional expectations. 

Understand your students perspective and goals.

From this course I have come to see that there are multiple ways for people to learn, I for one, learn hands on, I'm going to try and teach them in a way that they can learn through my eyes, so they can implement what they're taught from me in my class.

Having lots of open discussion during lectures is a great way for students to learn not only from you but from each other. I believe this will also help in retention of information as well.

tell stories about my experiences in the field, and explain the importance of the material. 

I learned that using real life situations and making things more relatable will gain advantage in the attention and engagement of students and will therefore provide student retention in the classes. Having different backgrounds gives an opportunity to get to know our students better and getting them to know us as instructors so we can create a boundary of respect.

i can relate  the environment is everything

Different students have different needs

I now have better understanding of how different types of students have different motivations and may need different methods and strategies to reach the students. 

Understanding the uniqueness of each student and learning the career goals and reasons.

I think a main point is that students come from various backgrounds and hold various reasons and motivations for continuing their education. Getting to know motivations and circumstances of your students can help retain students as they are assisted by their instructors.

Ilearned that i needto learn moreabout the students that are in myt class not just their name but more abouttheirbackground and level of education when they get to my class.

I think  this course is helpful in remain focused and learned the importance of helping them to refine their goals.

Getting to know students as whole humans helps teachers understand a student's motivations. Tapping into individual motivations will increase student engagement and retention.

I have learned the true importance of listening to a student and actually hearing them.  I believe this will allow for a positive learning environment for all students.

From this section I learned  to provide an inclusive, respectful and accepting classroom environment and keep my students highly engaged in learning. Besides, how to provide a safe space for them when navigating tough times that will encourage them to open up and seek support when needed.

Sign In to comment