Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Questioning as a Teaching Technique | Origin: ED103

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Student Learning and Assessment--> Questioning as a Teaching Technique

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The module highlighted the importance of questions ion the cleanroom dn how they are used to check student knowledge and understanding. I will use questioning to reinforce concepts learned in the class and build interaction amongst classmates while doing so. 

Asking questions can open the door the goal of the content you are trying to achieve.

The socrative method will help students achieve a higher level of learning. 

I learned that asking the right question can help students think more deeply than just memorizing information. I learned that questions can be learned to check understanding and encourage students to participate. I plan to use more open ended questions in my class and give students time to think and explain their answers.

I found the portion about the Socratic method to be particularly interesting. In nursing, there are many physiological processes that nurses have been taught over and over. It is easy to simply memorize these things and eventually just accept them as the way things are. However, I will attempt to use the Socratic method to get students thinking about the reasoning behind them so that they will be able to understand the content more deeply. 

Asking questions plays a vital role to understanding your students comprehension of the material as well as encourages student involvement in learning.

Give credit for the correct part and work to improve the incorrect part of the answer. For example, "You are correct, let's see if someone can enlarge upon your answer," or, "Can someone add to John's answer?"

I learned that questioning is an important teaching technique because it helps check for understanding, encourages student participation, and promotes critical thinking. I plan to apply this by asking a variety of questions throughout my lessons and giving students enough time to think and respond. This will help me identify areas where students may need additional instruction while keeping them actively engaged in the learning process. 

QUESTION EVERYTHING!!! 

asking questions isnt the only important part, it's how you ask the question or engage people that really matters and keeps the class flowing.

It shows how to keep the students engaged and not disconnected from your teaching style. The students also have more confidence in you to teach them.

i learned how to apply the Socratic  method when asking student questions. i also learned the importance of pausing after asking a question to allow the students time to think of a response.

it teaches effective ways for questioning techniques,Thatll be able to keep the students engaged and interact in class discussions. It explains different methods you can take where the student doesn't feel intimidated or afraid to speak up and talk out in class in any discussion that's taking place

This module reinforced the idea that effective questioning is one of the most powerful tools for promoting student engagement and critical thinking. I learned that well-designed questions can move students beyond simple memorization and encourage them to analyze, apply, and evaluate information. Questioning also provides valuable feedback about student understanding, allowing instructors to identify misconceptions and adjust instruction as needed

I see where questioning as a way for the whole class to learn. I learn if they are retaining lesson. They learn how to apply this knowledge through targeted question.  Socrates quote I can't teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.

Good Information

I've learned that creatively creating questions for students help me, the teacher, check on their understanding, and them as the student engage. There's a few ways to create these questions: straightforwardly, personally and even thought-provokingly. And to not forget the shy and quiet ones.

I am going to try incorporating Google Slides and the Parking Lot into our discussions for a better interactive session because it allows me to peek inside what they're thinking and taking it all in.

To use different types of questions based on the various student situations. Using questions to get students up to the level of understanding you are trying to achieve for them. Listen carefully, give and encourage their feedback.

Using clear and consistent questions help the students learn better and make them feel more relaxed in the enviroment. Socratic method is a good way to have students respond in a stritgic manner

Sign In to comment