Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Questioning the students can increase knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation. When questioning, allow for silence and wait for response. 

This section gave me a better understanding of the Socratic Method and the importance of questioning in the classroom while being fair and listen to the students and their answers/responsed/dialogue.

questioning the question is ok and can help facilitate a deeper understanding of the curriculum by all

Helpful questions asked in a comfortable setting enhances the motivation of the students.

Make sure to ask questions in a way students can engage, respond and learn from

It is very important to understand that questions/questioning are integral to the learning process. As an instructor you need to be engaging and understand that how you respond to a question is sometimes as impactful as the question itself. 

Use questioning to draw students in to the discussion and gage where they are in comprehension of the subject in general.

I like to get the students to do activities in the class where they can work together peer to peer. 

I learned different strategies to question the students in order to obtain the most thoughtful response. I will implement these strategies by engaging more students with technology based questions. 

Understanding when to use the right type of question for the students at the appropriate time, an open-ended question, a closed-ended question, question chains, and personalized questions.

THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS

Questioning students keeps the students focused and involved in the learning process.

effective use of questioning technique can greatly enhance learning and give the instructor a baseline of where students are at. 

I learned some specific techniques to use while questioning and using the Socratic method, which is useful for the case studies I used in the courses I teach.  I also liked the techniques to engage students who tend to be quiet in class.  

This lesson showcases the importance of questions in teaching. This includes both questions asked to the student and by the student. Encouraging conversation and dialogue through questions ensures students are training the information and builds communication and listening skills. I often ask my students questions that will lead to a discussion. This helps the students provide content and multiple perspectives to the class. If a student says, "I don't know," I ask them to tell me something from the lesson that they do know. It's not always just about the one question.

Could use some more context for what the girl was just talking about.  Something about quiz"iz" and a parking lot?

Questions asked by both instructor and students can create the linkages needed to connect to purpose of the class and overall course being taught 

Asking questions is important but asking the right questions can be hard. the other 2 most important aspects of teaching is to listen and respond to your students.

I have learned to rephrase my questions sometimes to get the students thinking.

Posing the question in a different way, into more of a relative type question, ensure's the type of answer needed for a explanation. Will also lead to a more in depth discussion and therefore a deeper understanding of the subject matter.

Sign In to comment