Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe that when delivering course content it is important that we inform students of what is to come as well as what is expected from them. In that way they are able to prepare them for content to be aware of during the lecture/demonstration. 

Preparation before the class starts is the key to a successful lecture. limiting the lecture to 10-15 minutes is good as well

There are multiple ways to learn; it's important to teach in varied ways, using different methods to engage all types of learners.

Got to make sure I have alternative Demos or regrouping methods when a demo doesn't work.

Knowing your subject matter and being ready is very important

It’s important to lecture with learning style in mind. I appreciate how this course covered and demonstrating keep it to 5 to 7 steps for students.

set up your students for success by creating clear goals and expressing course material correctly 

I learned that I must select deliveries that will enable the students to learn the materials and demonstrate mastery, while enjoying the process to the maximum extent possible.

Presenting to the students in a genuine way and using the various learning styles will bring about a classroom experience that has memories and application. 

Vary the teaching style and remember humans can only retain between 5-7 new concepts at once

using a variety of teaching styles better ensures the instructor's ability to reach all students. lesson and academic planning is also crucial to the educator's success

Unfortunately, I am required to lecture, but I will attempt to use many examples and tell stories to try to keep people engaged. 

I love using interactive teaching strategies, rather than just a PP lecture, it really helps with keeping students engaged and studies have shown it helps with retention of information.

Students learn by trial and error and by observation and by doing.

I'm going to have to work on my lecture times and change my style up regularly.

To be a good lecturer you need to be a scholar, writer, producer, comedian, entertainer, and instructor. This is so true. It is important to keep the learner engaged and keep the environment safe for interactions and missteps

Powerpoint is just one of many methods to organize lecture notes.

When developing content for the class its best to deliver content in 10-15 minute intervals. utilizing different methods of teaching can help target all learners and keep engagement high throughout the instruction. retention drops after seven steps, so when teaching something in chronological order its important to remember not to have so many steps in one setting. 

"Be creative, competent, and personable; as a result, student learning reflects the effort you put forth in class preparation." I use 10-minute demonstration videos and quick discussions to help drive lectures and prepare students for our lab. Once we go to the lab, I do a quick recap demonstration before proceeding. I love using quick lecture lessons, but I do not love lecturing. My students can stay engaged longer, and it helps teach the different learning styles.

your style of delivery needs to vary between many students, try to touch as many bases as you can to connect with all your students.

Sign In to comment