Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Focus more on the student learning process by transitioning between different roles when appropriate. 

My greatest takeaway, "Learning is the most important thing that happens in the classroom-- not teaching."

As an instructor it is important that we model, manage and motivate.  

Always be professional, lead by example, and always work on yourself as an instructor.

To serve as a motivator is just as important as managing the classroom. 

Lead by example, and i'm not the smartest in the room but be professional and love what i am teaching 

As a leader in whatever position you are in, you want to act like you are the subject matter expert.  But that is not always the case, you must remain humble in your knowledge and attitude toward what you are trying to accomplish as a leader.

A key to instructional improvement is reflection. 

Model, manage, and motivate your students and remain professional no matter what field you are in.

In order to teach effectivly you need the 3 M's.  Modeling, managing and motivating.  You must be competent in your feild of knowledge, up to date with your credentials and technical skils and have excellent interpersonal and professional skills.  

Instructors must use diffrent type of learning styles and media in order to have the student learn in class, since outside of class is where most of there learning is accomplished, through application of knowledge.

I have learned the true ART in time management. It has not only improved my classroom performance and overall experience; it has cleaned up my personal life. 

Model, Manage, Motivate. In order to achieved these 3 factors, as a new instructor, I must not present as the most smart and competent person in the class.

Be humble and focused, practice if you are uncomfortable leading a room full of students, and know where to seek resources for personal/professional development.

The biggest take away for me would be to have passion for my subject. I was remembering my old professors as I was reading through this material and the ones that I actually liked all had a real passion for what they were teaching. I can still remember them. As a teacher I can have a big impact on the success of a student and where they go after school, so I think having that passion and being engaged is a huge part of being a great teacher.

Knowing myself would be a huge part of being a successful educator.

Instructor should not be in the centre of learning process.  Its all about creating healthy learning environment, not showing off your knowledge. 

Do not try to prove to your students that you are the most intelligent person in your field or the room.  Instead, show your enthusiasm and love for the subject, and that you care they are interested.  Dress appropriately for your field, and use professional mannerisms and language, to set a good example for your students.  And collect insight on how you might grow as an instructor, then create and follow a plan to improve yourself, your knowledge, and your teaching skills! 

Remember that you are Not the smartest on the classroom.

Continuing you education in the field while not in the field to add and adapt your instruction to help your students perform up to date.

I learned that taking courses can be implemented as a part of professional development.

Sign In to comment