Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Biggest take away is to realize the huge impact you have on student behavior as an instructor. Being a good role model in the classroom can eliminate a lot of negative situations if you simply act adn behave as you would expect your students to do so. 

I learned the importance of bieng a good model for the students.  Also the importance of professional development.

This is a great review for all instructors.  I love the encouragement to continue to work our our professional plans and improve as instructors through all opportunities that are available: professional organizations, technologies, colleagues,....

Know yourself first and work backwards...

Develope a plan to improve instruction.

This session further supported the notion that continuous improvement is a life long journey.  Having a professional development plan is key as there is always areas for improvement.  In addition, the 5 Cs are a great way to summarize how to maintain a positive role.

To maintain professionalism with your students because it can also be a trap.

Always dress professionally. If the outfit is questionable, dress professional.

Lead by Example

Lead by example. However, please do not make your students think you are more intelligent than them.  

Liked the reiteration of the things we all "know" but need reminding of so that we can consciously make the effort to apply these techniques and knowledge areas.

Preparedness and enthusiam for the topics we will be covering.  Arriving 15 minutes early to "rev" the students up.  Energetic tone to captivate students. 

All great take aways.  

Model, manage and motivate

Not the smartest in the room.  

The 5 C's.  

Im going to write up a formal professional development plan! This course is a good start.

You have to be professional at all times, you can be friendly to students but in a professional way. U also have to lead by example.

I hope to teach in a way that is engaging to my students. I intend to be a great Model, Manager and motivator and plan to use the 5 C's as an instructor. 

During this module, I learned that mock interviews are very important. I also learned that students need all the practice they can get but may naturally be nervous the day of the interview no matter what. 

Leading by example goes beyond modeling course content and assignments. Modeling soft skills is just as important.

Understand who you want to be as an instructor. Follow the guidlines in regards to model, manage, and motivate. Be enthusiatic on the topic you teach. Then make sure you continue to look for ways to improve your knowledge and methods within the accrediting and federal guidelines.

Continued professional development should occur throughout the years of experience of the instructor. There is always room for improvement. I will stay up to date on technological advancements and field-specific advancements and changes that will help me improve myself and my effectiveness as an instructor.

Given how important it is for an instructor to be committed to teaching and enthusiastic about the subject, I hope to also keep a lively, positive, and enthusiastic energy surrounding the ideals of learning and the specific field of study whilst in the learning environment.

The topics in this presentation are a review of the content learned while preparing for my post-graduate education.

Instructors must have 3 roles: model, manager, and motivator. We must be professional and follow these roles in order to be excellent educators. Educators must be competent in 3 areas as well: technical, professional, personal competent. It is important to have an instructional style and have a professional development plan.

Sign In to comment