Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Professionalism! Demonstrate leadership!

3 major areas to be competent in to succeed in instructional process. Technical,Professional,and Personal.

Energy is big in the way that the sudents are going to view us. By being knowledgeable, organized, punctual, and showing a sense of passion for the work to be completed, will show students we are engagded in the field and build up their confindence to want to continue with their pursuit of education 

The first video that said not to show how smart you are to students. That piece of information resonated with me. I'm younger and can have students older than me so I always feel I need to show I'm competent in the beginning of the class, but now I know that strategy is not the best

Lead by example.   Alway stride in staying current

The importance of having a professional development plan with specifics and targeting it to a specific area of competency. And also that its important to show your passion for the subject matter.

I have learned that there are many hats you need to wear as an instructor. 

Always remain professional 

Have a teaching plan 

Learn engage different type of students with different learning styles. 

We play the model, manager and motivator to our students. 

Thank you 

Francine 

Observing others who have honed their skills, while always asking how I can improve my skills as an instructor. Being professional, leading by example, and keeping the focus on student learning acquisition rather than just focusing on my teaching abilities.

Staying current in the field. Technologies are always changing. Keep learning about the new. 

I took away from this module the importance of showing excitement about the subject matter. It's a good reminder to always think back to why I pursued my subject matter and what I loved about it so I can pass that onto my students.

It is important to lead by example, as babies we are modelling ourselfs after what we see our parents do, this is the same for the classroom. Be the professional you want your students to be. One other great tip i learned is to make a development plan take note of the strenth and weaknesses you have and make a plan to expand and improve them.

I learned my 3 roles:  model, manage and motivate.  I also learned that I need to adopt a teaching style that fits my own personality and the needs of the students.

Model, manage and motivate by being committed, credible, candid, clear and compassionate. Provide an inclusive environment for all students.

Always continue to try to improve.  I have often seen very good SME's fail miserably at instructing because they always want to brain dump all of their history on the students, instead of teaching thwm what they need to know.  

Lots of common sense here.  However, it's a good reminder!

Encourage and motivate! 

Be prepared and professional but also approachable and supportive.

Continue learning myself and seek advice and suggestions from fellow educators with more experience.

dont be come there babysister in the course of instruction.

I have learned I could benefit from a professional development plan vs waiting for opportunities to become evident.

Leading by example in all aspects of teaching/in the field. 

I have leanred while it is mperative to be able to track and recognize students' accomplishmanets and personal growth, it is just as important to do it for myself as an instuctor. Having a personal growth plan is a great way to do that.

Sign In to comment