Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module is informative on characteristics of successful instructors, how they develop and maintain skills, and utilize resources to maintain a student-first, safe and supportive learning environment.

lead by an example, be a role model, manager and motivator.

As a leader always remember the 5C.  Be Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear.

Always have time to professional growth, the more you learn the more you can transmit to your students.

Always be prepared and lead by example. 

Modeling, managing, and motivating should always be the initial goal. properly planning is key to success for myself and my students. 

My biggest takeaway from this lesson was that learning takes place for both students and instructors in the classroom and that investment in our learning creates enhanced teachings. We must show our students the value of learning while capturing their interest in the subject matter. Leading by example in both instruction and learning establishes standards for the students. I enjoyed the instructional style section, which emphasized the importance of "knowing." You must know your past, know your school, know your students, know your subjects, know your colleagues, and know yourself. 

Be a role model, show great management skills, and motivate your students.

Model the behavior you expect the students to model. 

I learned that the most important thing going on in the classroom between teaching and learning is learning. Student first is most important to ensure learning is the goal for the classroom setting. 

Always lead by example in the classroom setting and always be prepared for class.

Students learn best when the instructor is prepared, ready to teach, and is always open to questions. Knowledge is key.   

I learned what makes an instructor great.

I learned that it is not your qualifications that matter, Nor the knowledge one possesses.

It is your ability to convey that knowledge and experience into an effective stream of communication that is clearly received by your students. 

That is what makes an instructor great!

Carry yourself as a professional. Don't be the smartest person in the room but, be confident in your knowledge of the subject. Students are not your "Pal"! You can treat them with the same respect as your peers to set a proper communication standard.

Learning the 5 C's, professionalism with students, and leading by example.

Practice, good hygiene, punctuality, and make sure everything is organized

Student engagement and learning takes place by modeling (professionalism), managing (structure/accountability to students), and motivating (adaptation). 

Lead and model by example

5 P’s:

Proper 

Preparation

Prevents

Poor

Performance  

while i learned many important factors from this course to consider when teaching, the biggest take away I had was making sure to model your love for the subject matter for the students.  If its important to model professionalism, its important to model love for the subject matter as well!

I have learned that there are different types of instructing styles and different ways of finding out what my personal style is. I have also learned that the biggest part of managing the classroom occurs before the class starts.

Different approaches may be needed to address different styles of learning or the type of content in the course. 

Setting a good example and remaining professional at all times is important. 

I've learned the importance of remembering what my roles are as the instructor.  Making sure not to blur the lines between friend and pal so that student's respect me and are confident in my knowledge.

Sign In to comment