Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be one, Build Others and maintain a professional relationship for all. 

it is ok to be a friend but not a pal to students

Treat students as I want to be treated; be professional and respectful to them just as I do to my colleagues and leaders.

Communicate, and be professional in all facets of teaching. 

Communicate and be professional at all times.

"Be professional, lead the students by example."

Competency by technical, Know your subject matter to be taught

I've learned that I have to be the example that my students should feel comfortable following. 

That it is important to be professional and also be approachable as it is the students experience.  Too often instructors try to be the smartest in the room and lose those they are trying to educate.  Tap into the students to get a real world educational experience that sticks and guides them to a successful future.  

Be involved and Knowledgeable about course information. lead through example and grow with students to engage fully. 

a professional educator must lead by example to model  the behaviors they wish to see in their students

I learned that it is okay to be friendly with the students but not their "pal." I also learned to remember that I am not the smartest one in the room even if I am the instructor.

Model, manage, and motivate says it all!

There are several types of tests that help evaluate students in different ways. the 5 C's are a great reminder. 

Leasd by example

Be a good model, a great manager, and an inspirational motivator.

Always be professional 

I will develop a plan to take more educational classes to learn more about this.

The most impactful thing I learned/realized was that I am not the smartest person in the room. I like the humbleness of the idea, and it keeps me grounded.

I want my learners to succeed. 

I enjoyed the suggestion of thinking of my own teachers. The most effective teachers modeled the five C's.

My biggest takeaway was to lead by example, which can be done by thriving in the 3 major roles mentioned: model, manager, motivator. 

Sign In to comment