Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Continuously further your craft of education so you can be a better instructor and share knowledge that you have. 

I learned that it's really important to know who you are and know your strengths and where you want/need to improve/develop professionally.  

Lead by example, but most important you can learn as much from your students as they learn from you.

I've Learned as An instructor you have to be a role model, mentor and a professional educator

its ok to be a friend not a baby sitter, show students encouragement ,supportiveness, and fairness

Remember where you came from.  Everyone has a life story and they are all equally important.  As an Instructor you are placed in a position to spread that knowledge.  You are not special, you just get to do extraordinary things. 

To become a model, manager and motivator. As someone who has never taught before, taking notes from this course has been really helpful. I hope to take notes on myself throughout my time teaching so I am able to become the best version of myself for my students. 

Be that one teacher that a student will never forget, I am in my 30's and I still remember my 4th grade teacher.

Teachers are always more than an Teacher we are mentors, leaders, and consolers.

Lead by example and stay professional

biggest take away I see is, developing your own style with it. Take stock of current strengths and weaknesses and capitalize on them to further develop your own efficacy  

lead by example.  Model, manage and motivate

To lead by example,  your not the smarters person in the room.  Keep developing professionally

Teaching not only takes place in the classroom but outside of it. If we are able to motivate the students to learn outside of the classroom on their own I would consider this a huge success.

Although learning is a core element of human existence, teachers are a requisite.  Utilization of the three M's and the five C's help setup the instructor and the students for success. 

Be prepared for all class/student related issues. In other words, it isn't enough to be prepared for the class but to be prepared for what should not occur. Also, use life experience to guide you through the initial process. 

Comment on Michelle DeJong's post: I read it more than once that " a professional is a professional no matter what career field  is represented.. You need to make sure that you strive to be professional, in your dress, conduct, and handling student situations "The results of these efforts will determine respect of your students and fellow instructors.    The second thing I read more than once was that  I am " a conductor of an orchestra " .So, I need to produce a sound that can be enjoyable .  

As an instructor we are key examples as to how to present your self and act, so for me to implement being professional and understanding, of course also what you are teaching, 

c c
c c

soft skill, enthusiasm, be a good motivator to boost confidence, and be a manager over my students to drive structure and organization.

Approaching students in different  ways, grab the attention and interest of learning.

Comment on Alexander Peters's post:  Teach by example.

Comment on Virginia Perryman's post:  Better say, this is the model outside, you are the selling product, sell yourself by dress and act as a professional.

Sign In to comment