Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mr. Bill

Share your knowlege with proffessionalism and passion. 

Reply to Gary Wilkerson's post: That was definetly a big take away for me. I may be an expert in my field of nursing BUT I am a novice when it comes to teaching. Learn as you go and stay humble. 

Reply to Gary Wilkerson's post:Awesome!

The 2 M's

The 3 M's!

Lead by example. Always keep in mind and refer back to that as Educators we need to Model, Manage, and Motivate. 

As teachers we are models, we manage and motivate our learners. 

I have learned the diffrent fundamentals of teaching and the professionalism needed to engage a class. 

in the classroom seatting it is always best to lead by example,. that way students become more aware of real life scenarios 

As a first time instructor the most important point I took from this module is definitely staying up to date with industry/technology developments as well as finding resources to further develop my own skills; although I will be the one teaching others, it does not mean my learning has ended.

Loved that this reiterated the idea of showing up early to class and prepared, instead of being late and starting class off frazzled!

Teachers are the models of professionalism

My biggest take away is that you need to convince the students that you love the subject not that you're smarter. You're experience in the field is the technical part of the instructional process but your passion for it provides the personal aspect. Your professionalism sets the tone.

You have to be and act like a professional if you want your studants to take you seriously while you are trying to relate relative information to them and know that they come first.

Lead by example. Use all your resourses. Maintain a level of professionalism (the way you dress and the way you act). Learn about the material you are teaching and how your students best learn and maintain that information. 

The importance of being Profedssional, presenting yourself to the class in a Professional manner.

Being a Motivator and keeping the class engaged during your lecture.

Also the preparing instructional ideas to help with my teaching skills.

I will have to figure out my teaching style and what my students learning style is and make sure I can adapt to their needs!

Teach with common sense so students can understand and learn correctly.

Know your students and model professionalism.  Be prepared and have an individual/professional development plan to facilitate growth. 

Lead by example and remember to motive manage and motivate

Sign In to comment