Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be the teacher you would want. Lead by example. 

I have learned that instructors must be competent technically, professionally and personally. We must know ourselves and our subject knowledge and always be willing to grow and take additional courses.

Lead by example and communicate with your students.

It almost doesn't matter where you have been or what you have done before the classroom.  One needs to have confidence (5 C's) in order to lead with effectiveness. 

Develop a personal, professional plan for what I would like to learn or improve upon

Customize your teaching in class using your past experience with instructors and past jobs to educate students by keeping them engaged with you being professional, animated when you talk and motivation for the students to keep wanting to learn.

It is critical to model expectations as an instructor, manage your classroom and motivate learners!

I really enjoyed the videos. I especially liked how the professor gave an example of the other professor that always started his lecture with, "This is my favorite subject".

I learned how I need to be excited about the content everyday even if I am not. 

Bring your personality into the classroom.

Set the example for the students to follow.

I have learned that the motivation from the instructor brings out great expectations from the student. 

I love the idea that just because you are the instructor, you can't assume that you are the smartest person in the room.

Do not enable them by being too personal.

One component that is imperative is to always exemplify yourself as a professional. 

I believe "knowing my" past, school, students,... myself is very important in teaching and influencing others. All instructors have once been a learner/student and ought to remember what it is to be like a learner. This lesson helped me to think about becoming the instructor that I once had, or wish I had, learned the most from.

It is essential to lead by example

As an allied health instructor I display a positive attitude and appearance to my colleagues and students, along with being prepared for class. However, I can make a better effort at greeting the students as they enter the classroom.

Be a good example and role model to students. 

lead by example

Lead by example, if the students copy what the instructor is wearing, doing, and making, they will do well. 

Always talk with the veteran instructors, for a possible different point of view, or solution to a problem

Sign In to comment