Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Sales Pitchy Still

I understand the psychology of what is presented here, but I still think some of the calls role modeled sounded insincere.  

My Experience

I have a good experience with this course. 

Follow up

What are some of the ways that you do follow up?

Small Campus

We have a small campus since we are a regional center of a larger university? What do you find helpful in giving tours given the small classroom?

Overcoming challenges

What are some of the practical ways that you overcome hesitations regarding student loans?

Students with disabilities

We work with students who have autism and other developmental disabilities.  Many times it's common to address all questions to the parents. I always look at the student when I'm asking a question or they are speaking to me, so that parents do not try to always answer for them.

Listening is the most important step of all

I have always thought I was a decent communicator in my professional career.  Now I can take a closer look at each and every aspect of the communication skills.  I have met with a lot of people between Army Recruiting to many years in Admissions.  One thing that always sticks out is that each person is different.  There is not one standard for all and I treat each person individually. 

Publicity Campaign Effectiveness

How to measure the effectiveness of a publicity campaign?

Prospective Student

Why we should not finish a relationship with a prospective student?

Scholarship and Loans

Why it is important to focus on Loans first and later scholarship?

Attitude and Benefit

Does all the attitude convert in Benefits?

Admission Script

How important is the Admission Script in the Gathering information of prospective students?

Rapport

The rapport with the student should continue to the enrollment process?

Being Empathetic

I am so guilty of being way to Sympathetic. This course has really made me realize how to rephrase my words so im interacting more neutrally and less personal.

Developing a professional relationship

I have noticed my students do want to talk about a lot of their personal issues. i have had to realize, that as a mentor, i need to listen and provide positive feedback as it woud apply to helping them further their career. When do you draw a line. I run a cosmetology program, and a lot of the girls talk about boyfriends, and some domestic disputes. i feel as a professional i can only try to show them how the negativety at home can affect them in school and at work, but my question is, how personal is too… >>>

effective communication

it is so true, when communicating face to face that our body language speaks loudest. sometimes i have to practice proper posture as well as prepare what to discuss before a meeting.

Discussing Student Challenges

I love being able to have a student tell me thier challenges and then beingable to map out a plan with them on how to take them on. It is honestly my favorite part of working with prospecive students because when I get to see them graduate it give me so much pleasure knowing that they were able to remove the obstacles and really go for their goals.

Study Gui

Where are the study materials?

Generations-Learning Styles

The topic that has caught my attention is the relationship between the learning styles and the generations. This matter is not only important in the academic environment, but also in our working environment. I am very impressed.

Just use your head

Nothing major this time...