Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

monthly starts

We have monthly starts; can you give me a few good ideas for creating urgency for the upcoming start vs. 2 or 3 months down the road?

CPE & CPS averages

What are the national average benchmark amounts for CPE and CPS for the various lead sources?

Advertising Creative

What is the typical cost of making a TV commercial. I have seen some agencies that have a "shelf" of commercial you can buy; isn't it better to have something created based on your specific school?

Response Time

What is the average length of time you can expect to see a change in lead flow from radio advertising?

TV Advertising Reps

We use a third-party contractor to help us with our meda placement and work with the TV Advertising representatives. What are some things we need to watch out for in working with a third-party?

Internet Market Research

Do you have reference websites for internet market research?

Tracking Leads

I am so glad that I learned from this course the importance of tracking leads! I knew it was always important before but I realized how false some of my notions about advertising were. Now I know that the more detailed I am about tracking, the better I am prepared for creativitiy, negotiations, and future choices.

websites

Which of the websites given in the course have other students found most helpful? Are there any websites you find useful that are not listed in the course? Thank you.

OPEN HOUSE

We also held an open house and invited businesses and community members along with a local radio station. This allowed us to give tours to prospective students. We also gave away school t-shirts, and enrollment information. The radio station broadcasted from our parking lot.

PUBLIC BUSES

I LIKE THE IDEA OF HAVING THE SCHOOL ADVERTISE IN THE PUBLIC BUSES THAT RUN IN THE SCHOOL AREA. THAT IS VERY VISUAL AND ANOTHER WAY TO GET TO THE PUBLIC IN YOUR AREA OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

STUDENT AND EMPLOYEES DAY

lAST MONTH WE DID THE STUDENT/EMPLOYEE DAY. ADMISSIONS AND PLACEMENT WORKED TOGETHER IN THE PROJECT. WE COOKED HOT DOGS ALL DAY AND SUPPLIED CHIPS AND SODAS, INVITED THE POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS WHO BROUGHT GOODIES AND MINGLED WITH THE STUDENTS. THE STUDENTS FELT GREAT BECAUSE THE SAW THEMSELVES WORKING IN THEIR FIELD AS WELL AS A FUN DAY FOR THEM.

Open house

In the Sundays Newspaper add we add "OPEN HOUSE ON MONDAY FROM 8:00 A.M. TO 7:00 P.M., VISIT OUR ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT, TOUR THE CAMPUS AND TALK TO OUR FINANCIAL AID DEPARTMENT" This doesn't cost extra but it brings walk-ins every monday. Everything helps.

Seasonality

Our school has four starts per year. These are in the first part of Feb, May, Aug, and nov. As your modle suggests August is our largest enrollment, November is second with Febuary and May trailing. According to your modle Feb should be either first or second what are we doing wrong?

Media CPS

What techniques are avaliable to provide proper adjustments so that all media heve essentially equal CPS'S?

Choosing an advertising agency

Is it better to work with an agency that is experienced in school advertising or is it better to work with an agency that knows your local market?

Advertising and Marketing Budgets

I need advice on how to deal with the following: First, what if the given budget is not accurate, meaning that even though the money is sectioned per media source per school per month on paper, the actual AP is so far behind that most of the sources we have are prepay only and the available funds do not match what's been written on paper? Second, our budgets are supposedly available monthly on a use-it-or-lose-it basis; there is no monthly or quartly rolling balance, meaning if I didn't use the money in April I can't add it in for June.… >>>

Creative

Do you think it would be a good idea to create an easy to remember 800 number or an easy to remember URL redirect for radio advertising?

Daily Newspapers

We have found that running in the Sunday section of the major daily papers has not been very cost effective, any suggestions on how we could bring our CPL down in those papers?

Media information

How often should I be updating the information on stations and papers that I am not currently buying in my media book?

Statistics

Where, if anywhere, can I find statistics on lead effectiveness between various publications? For example, the workshop stated that there is a greater success on lead generation with employment publications compared to daily newspapers. My experience shows that employment publications are a complete waste of resources, whereas the newpapers generate adequate leads.