Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

How to reschedule a "No Show"

I feel the best way to get a no show to come in after they've missed the appt. is to call them and let them know they can still come in. and it did not affect them.

Using different telephone techniques

What are the different telephone techniques that can be used?

Communicating Effectively

It important to speak clearly when you are on the telephone with perspective students.

Communications Essentials

I didn't know the huge impact of body language in communications..

Improving your listening skills

Over time anyone can improve thier lisrening skills if they want to.

UNDERSTANDING YOUR STUDENTS

It is extemely important to understand your students.

THE 3 COMMUNICATION COMPONENTS

It is extremely important to use all 3 communication components when talking to anyone in business. Is there anything else we can do to assure that our messages come across the correct way ?

Communication Hierarchy

Hello, During the Communication Hierarchy section it dawned on me that the rapport building is primarily focused on a face-to face encounter. I was wondering what advice you have for executing this method while on the phone? Thank you, Victor

how many messages

How many times do you call and leave someone a message before giving up and moving on. Being a destination school, there are very few walk in or set appointments/tour so our man communication is phone or email. I usually do 7or 8 attempts and sometimes it seems as though I am beating a dead house, with all of the lack of responses. I do plan on included more of that sense of urgency within the messages

How long to continue reaching out?

I struggle with knowing when a lead is no longer a lead following a no show appointment. For all leads I'll call, email, mail and text multiple times up to 6 months with no response. I know there aren't set time-frames, but when is it okay to let a lead go?

Tongue tied

Does anyone have any ideas when it comes to tongue tied. I know what I want to say and can see/hear it in my brain but when it comes to saying it, end up stuttering, cant find the words and tongue tied. Thank you, Corrie

the dangers of spilling your candy on the phone

If you give out too much information you might stop a prospect from going to the next step, it is good to answer questions ,but be careful in turning off someone because they believe they have nothing more to learn about the opportunity.

Effective listening

Based on my understanding, To be a effective listener means: 1. Listen to students what they are thinking. 2. Understand what they want to tell us. 3. Think about what we can answer and what we should suggest them and help them for better career development. 4. Be patient and be a good listener if they don't agree our suggestion, think about why they don't agree and accept it, then try best to give better solution.

Building interest

When voice mail message left you need to create a level of interest and need to return call.

Create Sense of Urgency

Often appointment no shows are result of not creating a sense of urgency. Need to move the student to action and not leave appointment date and time open ended.

Telephone Technique

It is important for the Admissions Rep to create a bond with prospective student. Usually accomplished through small talk.

Relationship between student and admissions rep

The admissions representative should always maintain professionalism with student regardless of how comfortable the admissions rep. makes the student feel.

Effective Listening

Listen to everything that is being said, and not just the parts you want to hear.

Communicating with students

Each student is different. The best way to communicate with a student is to learm each student individually.

First Interview

what do you do if a prospective student brings an animal to the first interview?