Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Contracts

Are there typical guidelines for contracts with the major television stations, such as: Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly, etc?

CPL

If the Radio CPL is dramatically higher than television, as stated in this workshop, why do schools/businesses bother with Radio marketing?

Media Kit

What are the key items to include in a Media Kit and what is the best format to use?

Special Programs

This was the shortest section with the greatest power. The ideas listed in this chapter were simple and easy to implement. Sometimes we are looking ahead that we forget to look in our own backyard. I am looking forward to implementing some of these ideas. Thank you for the ideas! Arlene

Media Ads

My idea is to have a pilot program that would space media ads from Monday afternoon on a start day and go to Thursday of a start week. We currently run the Media Ads from Monday to Wednesday. I would pick up the Thursday when we have a start on Monday. This allows the reps. time to meet and greet their students on a start date without having to catch a phone until Orientation has started. If this proved productive I would consider this plan for the rest of the month. The theory behind the Monday to Wednesday is that… >>>

Open House

We planned an Open House for a new campus. Our plans included invitations to employers who would employ our graduates, and city officials. We even aske the Mayor to attend and speak. This was accomplished because we had newspaper coverage. We had Admission Reps give tours with instructors in each classroom giving a 3 min presentaion about their course . We also invited the public and anyone interested in learning about our programs. We had a band (student band) at the entrance of the school. The students were excited to play even for free. Some students even danced outside to… >>>

Publicity Cards

We have created publicity cards for the last three months: Purpose: To create more referral leads to our school. Contact: Contact the students who already like the programs we offer-our students. Cards: The cards are created in-house on the computer. A piece of bubble gum is attached and and handed out to the students as they leave class. We used the following saying: February: Be a Sweetheart! Refer a friend to XXXX. March: Don't count on Luck for your career success enroll at XXXX. April Hop on over and start your new career today! Each card has the name and… >>>