Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Sales Pitchy Still

I understand the psychology of what is presented here, but I still think some of the calls role modeled sounded insincere.  

I agree, as the student asked about business and then the person did not answer the question, instead he went off in a completely differend direction. I normally will ask their name and immediately talk with them about the business program and find out their contact information at the end of the conversation

I like the approach of building rapport with the student, but before I give them the information they asked for, I think it's important to find out more information about them so that I am not giving them erroneous information, that may confuse them, or not be relevant to their specific situation.  So, the transition usually goes more like this, "So Susie, may I ask you a few questions, so that I ll know how to best help you?"  The reason I feel this is so important, is because many students have specific questions concerning transfer credits, tuition, length of time of the program.  These questions do not have a "one size fits all answer", so if they ask any of these questions, and I haven't done any information gathering, then I have to back track and ask the questions then. I also believe if we are genuinely interested and listening to the person, this is also another way of building rapport to show interest and comment on some of the information they've given us, which yields more appointments that actually SHOW.   

Sign In to comment