Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

How to balance work and home?

What are some ways you fit everything in one day?

What has worked for you

What have you found to be the most effective when reaching out to your community?

Question

class

This was a great class and helpful reminders. 

Elevator Speeches

Good refresher on how important it is to "hit all of the hot buttons" when leaving a voicemail message. 

How to help a student with financial aid?

Financial Aid is an important step; as a result students should be introduced and get accustomed to all financial aid opportunities in order to find help for tuition.

How the Ethical component can Help Student?

As always, ethical information can help students feel at ease to open up and share about themselves.

Two year Colleges

How valuable or important do you believe your website is to making your ads convert to tours or registrations better?

Zip my lips

I have learned to keep my mouth shut.  That is blunt, but appropriate.  

Before taking this course, I did not know the legalities of making statements supportive of our program.  Now, I will refer any direct questions to those trained in legal answers.  I will not jeopardize my job or our program. 

Cold Calling from thousands of miles away

I work within a company that is world wide. I'm based out of Florida, but a majority of the time I'm working with people in other states. So, coming in for an appointment is not an option.  There has to be some better ways to educate them on what we have to offer, other than trying to get them in face to face?

Prospects who want information but give out fake numbers and emails.

for me that is hardes when a prospect lead give out inoformaton and then they change their mind, I get furstrated because I know this person did want informaton on a specific program and I cant reached them.

What about a baby boomer X gen

I did find out a lot about different styles. Myself borders on the baby bommers and Gen X. I am a workaholic but do love the ease of the computor life style.

Student Acquisition

Hi. I own one of the Top CNA Exam Prep schools in Orlando. Were doing pretty good just using yard signs, but we need a new more dependable way to acquire students. I want to know what's been working for you guys? 

Also has anybody else enrollend in the mt101 or mt102 classes? How did it go? wWhat was the most important thing you took away from the course?

Admission Requirements in Texas with TWC and TDLR?

I am opening my first cosmetology/esthetics/nail tech/massage school and it will be opening in Texas. I am a novice and need some help. I see on here that Admissions must be in the guidelines of the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Career Schools and Colleges. However, I believe I must also do the admission requirements of Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). Must I understand the Laws and Rules under both agencies and get myself informed with a attorney? Is there another person who can guide me to make sure I understand each section? Is there certain important documents I… >>>

FOOT TRAFFIC

Other than: Open Houses and Financial Aid Nights how can campuses create foot traffic to their campus? What are some ideas for Admission Representatitves? 

Understanding the new market

This is a good module to help school administrators better able to connect with the four different groups currently make up our population.

Approach

Each institution has their own set of culture and way of working with students. What has been an approach that has been successful or suggestion of how to better interact with students?

For example: In my institution, we offer emailing and over-the-phone contact until 8pm as a way to reach those students who work during the day or are less busy during late hours.

Financial consern

If a prospect student is really interested in taking any course at any institution, but the financial situation is a problem. How will be the best approach to this issue?

MT 102 - Developing an Effective Advertising Plan

This is a must course for new schools who are having hard time with enrollment and start dates.

it really did help me to understand way to go when things are slow and resources to use. 

Connecting with our students

Connecting with people is so very important. Its not what we say but how we say it and ensuring our body language lines up with our true intentions. The Communication Essentials course was extremly helpful in fine tuning effective ways to communicate verbally and non verbally. Great course, it is extremely relevant in our personal and professional lives. Thank you!