Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I make my own online quizes

It's hassle free, and I've seen in my own classes that most students won't try and cheat by using the browser. They will be too scared to be caught. Then there are the brave ones that cheat. But the way i see it, they are seeking out the answers!!! They may even remember what they just learned by doing so! :-)

I do this as well, although I use a site that allows the students to submit a response via a text message. Seems to work well keeping their attention.

Gary,

We have caught several students cheating by searching the browser history of their desktop computer after they have completed the exam. Most of the lab rooms on campus are now in a U configuration rather than rows so we can spot computer misuse relatively quickly.

Cell phone usage during exams is always forbidden, but of course there are those who think they can sneak one by us!

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

What site Ryan?

I like the idea of online quizzes as long as multiple versions of the quiz is being used so that they all don't have exactly the same quiz. We use a Lanschool program so that we can monitor all the student computers from our monitor and can see if they are trying to cheat or not.Messages can also be sent group wide or to individual computers this way.

I like and I am going to attempt to try to create an online quiz. I think it will keep the student's attention quickly than a paper quiz

I've long believed that mixing things up with assessments is a good idea. Some students are better with traditional testing while others are more comfortable with using technology. We live in a time where we do not have to be tied to just one type of assessment.

Sign In to comment