Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New Technologies

In order to meet our emerging tech savvy student population, it is important that we engage and modify our instructional approach to these new learners and the avenues of receiving information. What have you done to connect and provide instruction to these new learners?

David,

As an instructor I am using case studies, the web as a content provider, video, discussion forums and conference calls.

Antoine Lewis

Dual problem: generating enthusiasm of teachers to use tech and fighting the IT staff to provide the platform.

I have difficulty getting my peers to be less risk adverse towards using new technology. Sure, within thier comfort zone and the tech must be integral to class but if the limit of technology is PowerPoint, we have progressed very little from the days of viewgraphs. I also fight against the IT support staff who want a detailed explanation of how I am going to use a new piece of tech. I do not always have a 100% concept. The Prezi thread is a good example...no cost alternative and advances the visual display.

Francis,

IT and faculty interaction at many institutions has not been perfect. With the new technologies we have at our disposal we need to make mandate that faculty learn (professional development) and use these technologies in the classroom. It is important for IT and or administration to show how it positively impacts the student and faculty and that combining the traditional ways with new technology can greatly impact the classroom.

Antoine Lewis

Elctronic books,google docs, cloud storage, learning platforms and managment system are the way to go. I see lot of education going online that will increase teh use of thechnologies including internet.Mobile devices need to be incorporated in education. Student portals, discussion forums, interactive learning with virtual environments ( including virtual dissection)0 are being blended in education and will continue to grow in their applications.

Sign In to comment