Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

So far I have learned about the different marketing stratagies that institutions may use.

Each school utilizes different marketing methods to attract students. There is no perfect method, it is dependent on your area and what you are trying to accomplish. 

I learned that internal communication is key to staff and to our students.  

It is important to connect with other departments within your institution, to ask questions, collaborate, and learn from each other to better help your students.

I must know the services our school offers since they are specific to each institution, and there is no requirement for a school to have a marketing plan.

I have learned the types of marketing with the specific information of each program.

I have learned how incredibly important it is to keep in touch with other staff in order to stay updated, in-order to be able to relay accurate information to prospective students. Having knowledge about your institution, such as what sort of student services are offered, can make it much easier for students to decide if the institution is right for them. Not to mention, there are incredibly strict rules on what is, and is not allowed in advertising/marketing for the institution. 

Catalogs and enrollmentagreement may vary from istitution to institution

Sit in class and see what students learn is important.

It is highly important and should be a priority to familiarize ourselves with the services and benefits offered to students. 

Its good to find out about your school by talking to as many people you can.

I learned different types of advertising strategies to get information out to prospective or current students. 

Student services plays a vital role for recruiting new students. For example, if the institution's alumni has high passing rates on licensure examinations, the Admissions Office can market it to the prospective students. This will increase credibility to the institution that they produce competent graduates.

it is good start with orientation for all students.

Advertisement must be in compliance to the institution and state rules

Understanding all the details about your program offerings as well as all the support services offered will also help ensure that as an admissions representative I am always doing the right thing for the student.

I learned there are different forms of marketing for the school. It is up to the school to determine which one suits them. It is also good to have an idea of what the school offers and maybe sit in on a class so you have an idea of what it is like. This is not to scare the student but to help you, as a n admin rep get to understand the class from t he student's point of view.

Debbie McClendon

I have learened how to apply the diffrent advertizing methods .

Comment on Betty Diaz's post:

I  HAVE LEARN YOU NEVER GET TOO OLD TO LEARN SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE COULD BE A IDEA YOU CAN USE TO EMPROVE YOUR SCHOOL AND YOURSELF

The admissions employee should understand the different programs and services offered by the institution and be able to liaison with each program or service director to better inform and serve the student during the admission process.

Sign In to comment