Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Title IX, Clery Law, VAWA

I agree with the legislation that passed to specifically protect minorities. Violence of any kind is not to be tolerated in a civilized society, especially institutions of higher learning. Since LGBTQ+ and women have been traditionally at higher risk of violence, especially sexual violence and discrimination, these Laws at the very least give possible perpetrators a chance to think over the legal repercussions of carrying out their crime. Victims of these types of crimes may take a small comfort in knowing justice will be served.

Staying Compliant and Understanding Consequences

I learned that compliance is a critical responsibility for every admissions representative and that failing to follow institutional policies and regulatory requirements can have serious consequences for everyone involved.  Also the importance of adhering to Fair Consumer Practices, providing accurate and complete information, maintaining proper documentation, and ensuring that only qualified students are enrolled.

Institution and regulations

I learned that admissions representatives must have a strong understanding of both their institution's policies and the regulations that govern the admissions process. I learned the importance of providing accurate information about programs, admissions requirements, costs, refund policies, transfer credits, licensure requirements, and student services. I also learned that compliance with state regulations and Fair Consumer Practices helps protect students and ensures the integrity of the institution.

Florida Specific Regulatory requirements

I learned the importance of understanding and following Florida-specific regulatory requirements established by the Florida Commission for Independent Education. I learned that admissions representatives must comply with licensing requirements, Fair Consumer Practices, disclosure requirements, enrollment standards, and regulations governing advertising, financial aid information, and student enrollment.  Need to always give the right information in order not to have any penalties to the admission rep or the school.

Benefits Of Ongoing Admission Training

I learned that ongoing admissions training is essential for maintaining compliance, professionalism, and effectiveness in the admissions process. Regular training helps admissions representatives stay current with changes in regulations, institutional policies, admissions requirements, financial aid information, and consumer protection practices. I also learned that continuous learning helps ensure that prospective students receive accurate information and are guided through the enrollment process ethically and responsibly.

Staying up to date

I learned that admissions representatives have a responsibility to provide accurate information, follow established procedures, maintain proper documentation, and continuously review resources such as the catalog, enrollment agreement, policy manuals, and regulatory updates.

Understanding my institution

I learned the importance of having a thorough understanding of my institution, including its programs, admissions requirements, policies, catalog, enrollment agreement, and available student services. I also learned that admissions representatives must provide accurate information and stay current with any changes to institutional policies and regulatory requirements.  Also, each school have their own marketing to be able to reach students depending on needs.

Admission Process and Paperwork

From this module, I learned the importance of following a structured admissions process and maintaining accurate paperwork throughout the enrollment process. I learned that preparation is essential, including using checklists, reviewing required documents, and ensuring all information is gathered and documented correctly during the interview. I also gained a better understanding of compliance requirements, the enrollment agreement, and the responsibility admissions representatives have in providing accurate information to prospective students.

Admission Module

I gained a better understanding of the admissions process and the role admissions professionals play in supporting student success.  I also learned the importance of  following institutional policies, and helping students make informed decisions about their educational goals.

FERPA

FERPA compliance is very important to the integrity of an institution.

FERPA

FERPA is very important to education.

Great Topic

So important to know how culture and compliance are so critical in career education 

Compliance

Being compliant has so many benefits that can help the student and the organization be on the same page. Trust and Transparency for me is so essential. Integrity demonstrates good will and impacts or our whole organization. It takes everyone at our institution to adhere to these qualities which can impact how we are viewed overall.

Accreditation

If a school is not accredited by Dept of Education, and they can still enroll but not get Title IV funding, will they be institutional or programmatic accredited?

Why is a Mission Statement Important?

A mission statement is important because it defines an organization’s purpose, values, and overall direction. 

Best Italian Delivery in Dubai? Plus IL Forno's New Triple Promos!

Hey everyone! 

I'm looking to order dinner tonight and would love some input on the best pasta delivery Dubai options that actually maintain their texture during delivery.

I usually look up Italian restaurants near me for weekend family dinners, but tonight we're staying in. While exploring the il forno menu, I noticed they have a couple of new limited-time meal promos running right now:

  • AED 69 Offer: Choose any 2 classic dishes from their authentic italian cuisine selection.
  • AED 79 Pasta Combo: Get 2 pastas plus 4 pieces of warm, crispy garlic bread.
  • AED 1 Lasagna Special: Spend over AED 109 and add a hot, layered lasagna to your order for just AED 1 with the promo code.


For anyone who frequently orders italian food to their doorstep in Dubai, which of their pasta dishes holds up best for delivery? Are the Fettuccine Alfredo or Penne Arrabbiata worth grabbing under these deals? Drop your top picks below!

 

Compliance

Very informative as always! 

CM104 Discussion

In this section I learned the importance of the Executive Order 13607. The details re-admitting after an ordered military obligation is discussed during the interview process. The documentation provided in the course catalog and LPN handbook supports discussions had during the interview. A full understand in writing, verbal and face to face are an important process during the interview process. 

CM104 Discussion

This point of the course I have learned that having a student first approach keeps the admissions process transparent, truthful, and trustworthy. The Triad guide keeps the institution and the student informed. A current knowledge of the state requirements and a "Do the Right Thing", attitude from the start lays the foundation of success for the student and the institution. 

Mission Statement

How does your mission statement relate back to the student's educational experience?