Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Appropriate Documentaton

Documentation is so important for all students. Making sure everyone understands what is and is not appropriate documentation will garner consistancy through the entire acadenic experience.

Staying up to date with Policy

It's important to understand the policy and the compliance while working for an University. Workers should follow regulations and also focus on using correct verbiage in their roles. 

Who is required to compelte the training

I learned that any indivudal who functions as a recruiter, admissions representative, director, admissions agent, is required to comlete the training. 

Providing solutions

It is essential that the enrollment provides the necessary resources to students during their time. Having orientation, career services, and counseling available to students can be instrumental in their success once enrolled.

Important documentation

Documentation is vital in the process of enrollment for all students no matter if they interview and don't attend or if they decide to enroll. Making sure everyone is on the same page of documentation and where to keep said documentation will make sure we stay organized and consistent through the entire enrollment experience.

Staying up to date

Working in enrollment it is very important to make sure we are up to date on the policies and regulation affecting our roles in the University, the students we serve, and the overall world of education admissions. This course reminded me of policies I already knew as all as refreshed me on the rules and definitions of our field.

Enrollment and Admissions

In the ever changing landscape of higher education, it's important to stay on top of the latest regulations and requirements to best serve your students. This course has helped me refresh my knowledge.

Prerequisites for entering a clinical program

Students who have already done basic sciences courses in high school and then do an additional 2 years of allied health programs such as MA/X-ray tech/EMT/LVN/Pharmacy tech/EKG monitoring- perform much better in the advanced CVS/DMS programs. After passing the school's exams, students must take the national board registry exams from ARDMS & CCI to get hired in a hospital or clinic. Some schools just focus on the ability of a student to qualify for financial aid and enroll in these high-end programs and forget that the long-term goal of these students is to pass the tough registry exam and get hired. We must choose the right candidate for the right program.  

FERPA

I learned that in certain situations personal information of the students will have to be shared with authorities. 

National Accreditation

It is important to know your National Accreditation rules and regulations especially as related to Title lV funds.

Informative

This was informative as an educator. 

Employment Outcomes

Ideas in how to get graduates to engage in a timely manner and fill out the surveys as well as produce employment information.

Eye opening

Unhappy students may file a claim with school management. They may also file written protests with state agencies, the state attorney general, the accreditors or even the Department of Education. And students as individuals, or in groups, have every right to hire attorneys and initiate lawsuits.

Learned

A good rule to follow is this: If it does not sound right, it probably isn’t. Conservative is the best approach in communicating information that is complete, accurate, concise and fully transparent.

I learned

The information is specific and, given accurate, is a clear and documentable representation and/or disclosure.

Learned

Allow plenty of opportunities for the student to ask questions, particularly if considering enrollment 

What I learned

The components of the Triad – the US Department of Education, the institutional and programmatic accreditors, and the state regulatory boards and agencies – together help ensure quality outcomes. Let’s look at an example from a vocational school perspective as to how it all works.

Interesting First Module

I found a few points particularly valuable from the information provided. First, it's crucial for all admissions employees, including agents who work remotely, to complete thorough training and licensing. This ensures they meet legal and institutional standards, with their licenses needing annual renewal.

Second, the importance of regulatory compliance and fair consumer practices stood out. Institutions must follow the Florida Administrative Code and Florida Statutes, ensuring transparency in advertising, clear enrollment agreements, and maintaining certificates for completed training to retain their licenses.

Lastly, the details about accredited foreign schools in Florida were insightful. These programs must meet strict U.S. Department of Education standards, with formal agreements in place with teaching, and adhere to specific regulations for approval and operation.

Angie Lopez

What I have learned from this module is that I would have to learn about the detail of student rules and how they found out about the program to best help them tailored to their specific needs.

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I learned the importance of adhering to the guidelines set forth in the state of Florida governing the ways in which Admissions personnel at vocational and higher education institutions engage with prospective students. By upholding these guidelines, it creates consistency across institutions and normalizes best practices among Admissions personnel.