Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that as university employees we need to know our advertising 

When informing the student of the different services that are available, its best to have a representative from that department discuss further what and how the services are provided. This is to avoid any misinformation to the prospective student.

Be familiar with every aspect of your institution and their marketing practices 

I learned having an understanding of the program being offered and communicating with other departments(Career Services) can better equip our Admissions Team of how to present each program we offer and it's value.

The importance of understand the marketing strategies.

It is important to know what is offer by your institution in order to speak to the information accurately.

I liked the ideas shared when it comes to learning the college's programs. For example, I think sitting in the class of a specific program is a good idea. If I have the chance, I will definitely sit in the classes once so I may be able to provide more knowledge and feedback on a specific program and their classes to the students.

Its' very important for the admissions staff to know about the academic programs, what the student experience is like, and to have an understanding of the jobs students obtain upon graduation. The more the admissions team works on this, the more effective they will be at communicating the benefits of the programs to prospective students. 

Understanding how the lead is generated helps the Admissions Representative approach to assisting the student.

You should understand the policies that govern the institution. These manuals are resources so you can understand the standards that you and your institution must adhere to.

In this module, I learned more about career services and marketing strategies.  This information is useful for me as a program director. It´s important for me to give accurate and updated information to admissions representatives. 

This section helped me understand that I need to know the various ways we contact prospective students, what other than our FB page and internet site we use

I learned that it is possible for an Admissions Rep to sit in a class and learn about the product the institution offers in such a manner. I think this is great as the information provided to the student could be presented from a personal experience with the program. 

Marketing is a key aspect of getting potential students in and the many avenues it falls under all must follow the Fair Consumer Practices.

This section states the importance of reading the catalog to find pertinent information about the school's program offerings, instructors' qualifications, financial information, program cost, accreditation, eligibility for federal aid, etc

It is imperative to have more than a basic knowledge of the departments, resources, and anything else that could help a student succeed. It is the law to be ethical. If something is said to a student, there should be a policy, procedure, or statistics to back up the stattement.

I have learned the importance of marketing and understanding the different programs offered by the school and what they entail.

It is important to for the marketing team to understand all aspects of the program to ensure proper marketing.

I learned that the institution possesses numerous documents outlining its policies, procedures, and regulations and obtaining current versions of these documents is crucial. It is essential to have a comprehensive understanding of all aspects related to the academic programs. This includes knowledge of the program's duration, the type of completion credential awarded, and the potential employment opportunities available for graduates. Understanding the marketing plan and examining examples of the marketing strategies employed are essential steps in this regard.

There are many different ways of advertising and marketing, but they must adhere to the Fair consumer practices. We also should be speaking with teachers to better understand the program and what it entails. 

Sign In to comment