Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that it is important to know every program our school has to offer & constantly check your school's catalog if you have any questions. Also it is beneficial to sit in a class to grasp a better understanding of what your school has to offer so you can better relay it to the prospect.

Learned about potential advertising options and how institutions are able to market themselves yet also have regulations. 

This module was informative about the student services and marketing practices at our institutions. It allowed me to think about how the schools function and promote their educational programs.

Having a good marketing strategy is essential to offer the different programs and reach the target audience.

It is important to connect with other department and keep abreast. Marketing, networking

It is a good idea to sit in a few classes to get a better understanding what it is like being a student at the institution so tha you can provide better feedback and suggestions to the students. 

The importance of marketing and familiarize yourself with every aspect of the institution.

I've learned that it is important to know about our schools' programs to be able to explain it to students. I have also learned about our student services and why it is important to let our students know about it. moving forward I will use this to make sure my knowledge stays up to date with any changes. I will also keep up on our advertising methods of our programs.

Institutions may use ads such as: print ads, internet ads, radio, TV, mail, flyers or events to promote to prospective students.

This module was extremely helpful in informing me of the variety of the marketing plans that we have in place along with the importance of career and students services and the full information offered of their programs and opportunities.  

Refresher on Advertising standards and guidelines. 

I learned the importance of understanding what student services offers students and understanding the marketing plan and having brochures, print ads etc.. available and keeping up to date on them.

i have learned of the different ways that an institution can advertise and how they target future students. I Will use this information by studying the information on the ads and using that information to help future students decide. 

advertising methods and one way of understanding the how each program works is by sitting in classes to see what each has to offer  

This was an interesting module. It provided insight as to how important cross-training is. 

Comment on Denia Sepulveda's post: How marketing is integrated with student services at my institution, and learning from others.

Student services vary at each institution. All schools should have some form of student services to include library and resources for students to be successful. Degree outcomes must be proven and just not promised.

I learned there are many ways to learn about our programs and it is important to learn about them from every angle, so we can provide the best information to prospective students. 

Comment on Juan Rosa's post: in my experience the best information and best way to understand the programs, classes, and expectations is to talk with students who have been through it, the instructors, and department chairs. 

I learned about the importance of following the established rules when advertising and promoting the institution and its programs. 

Sign In to comment