Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Just like everything in life, humans need boundries set for them.  Online classes are no different and when setting up the class we have to have rules, procedures and consequences for the learner to follow to succed.  The Instructor must have consequences for both positive and negative behaviors in the online classroom as well.  I will set up procedures in my online classroom for the success of myself and my students.

I learned about the way that communication can be used to keep in touch with students and help them with their class.

Constant management of communication in all facets is of utmost importance in the classroom. Not only must an instructor manage the communication between themselves and students but between students themselves. This allows for the professionalism of an online classroom to be maintained.

I have been reminded to encourage all students to participate in frequent/active communication. In contrast, the classroom, we have a variety of ways to assess learning when students do not 'talk', 'speak up', or verbally engage. Within the e-learning environment, students may be encouraged to participate in postings because it is an active way to being involved---with a passive engagement (behind the computer/not in person).

Respect of culture is foundational for class instruction and student interaction and participation.

What i learned is that i will have to re evaluate and revise  my syllabus and course out line with the On-line guideline for students expectation.

The need to clearly writ out the rule and expectation for on-line communication , rules and discussion rubrics to ensure that student will understand the objective of the corse intent.

I learned that communication is one of the most important aspect. I also like that grading rubic that was posted in the course.

I learned that setting standards are important and their should also be consequences for anyone who does not follow them.

It is important to set guidelines, rules, and a Code of Conduct from the beginning of the course.  The guidelines should help student communicate effectively with other students, with the teacher, and responding to the teacher throughout the course.  The institution where I teach provides a Code of Conduct regarding internet communication which students much sign on the first day/night of class (F2F). 

Developing guidelines and establishing a pattern of communication is essential for online teaching.

Civility and Managing overall communication is essential to learning online.

Communication is key in online instruction. It needs to be continuous and consistent. It is also a great idea to set up guidelines for communication. Rubrics are also a good way to promote clear and concise communication to students about expectations, especially on graded assignments. 

I like how it discusses to have the students engage and answer each other questions on the discussion board first. Then the instructor can answer the question so that way it won't be on all of the work on the instructor. 

Establishing consistent effective communication is important.  As a teacher, scaffolding what communication should look like is important.  Students should be able to also communicate with other students in smaller groups as well as a large class.

I have learned that a pattern of communication or consistency is very important for student success. The instructor establishing a code of conduct for communication on an online course is very important. I like the strategies of setting expectations through a communication rubric and outline the consequences of the code of conduct.

Communication is extremely important to the success of your students' learning. Establishing a code of conduct is also important for success and to have all included.

First and foremost, setting the guidelines for communication and/or communication code of conduct helps the student understand the communication rules & consequences. In addition, through organization, students can find the communication areas; and therefore, become familiar with them, and eventually the process becomes transparent.

Follow rules and procedures to moderate the online community to ensure that learning is being achieved.  

I need to establish a Communication Code of Conduct for the class that is followed by all. I also need to set the boundary of when and how communication will take place. By following the rules I will lead by example. 

I have learned that online learning may be the wave of the future for students K-12. With that being said, instructors/teachers may need to prepare Code of Conducts handbooks and ensure that their students understand exactly what should and should not be acceptable via online learning. 

Sign In to comment