Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think it is a great idea to ask students to evaluate and provide suggestions on how to improve communication at course end. Sometimes the most simple suggestions are the most effective. After all, the student is an expert and a stakeholder.

I've learned from this module , by using the correct technology for communication tools are makes it a lot easier to teach and students providing feed back based on the student understanding the course study.

Investigate before deciding on what communication tool to use in a course. See what works best for the students.

Lots of helpful suggestions on how to look for pros and cons when deciding on communication tools.

Choosing the correct communication tool for the situation seems obvious but actually, I must think through what is the objective and how often and in what method will the student, classmates and instructor interact.  In terms of implementing the tool, I will make sure the audio works sufficiently or that emails are not going to spam. I will set expectations for timeframe for responses.  Asking the students preference can be helpful but whatever tools are being used, training is essential.

No hinder the communication process and select the appropriate tools. There's a need to assess each tool and determine its appropriateness to the purpose that I want to use it for.

I have learned there are many different technology tools for effective communication. Its good to be knowledgeable of the use of technology for effective virtual communication. The purpose on conveing the message and the effective tool can meet the instructors as well as students needs.

The module related to both using and assessing technology tools provide a good reminder that not only does the tool have to have viable functionality for the course and its objectives, but also that the instructor should be proficient in use.  In the push to add tech to courses, I find that some faculty are intimidated by tools they are not familiar with, but feel like the "have to" incorporate a wide variety of tech. 

I've learned that all online tools for communication fall into three major categories and have unique purposes.  They're not interchangeable!

There are many ways to communicate with people. Using the proper way will help each person to learn their best.

Communication using different technologies and tools, such as text messages, media, or teams, help to engage with students and have better interaction during blended courses.

It is amazing how much technology in the form of communication has become such a huge part of our lives.

there are a variety of technology options for communicating with students remotely

As an instructor, I would want to use a tool that communicates to the students effectively. It will vary depending on each students' needs.

I have learned that it is important to research technology or applications i might use or want to use as part of my teaching style. I will be looking further into what i already use at this time and will apply this to my future terms as an instructor.

We believe that, the email, and social media add a lot to the learning process especially the on-line learning but at the same time we as instructors should  add some of work experience and share it with the students and creating some work field scenarios and get students feedback. This is will improve the student skills for their future work place.  

I learned various methods of communicating in an online course, and the pros and cons of each.

I have learned there are many forms of communication with students and we should be aware of their proper function before using them to ensure we are getting through in the best way and using it correctly. 

It is important to evaluate the communication tools used in the course.

Using social media FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram can actually assist with the delivery of online learning. 

Sign In to comment