Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

choosing a communication tool that is easy to navigate for myself and our students was one of the biggest challenges that I faced when our classes wen inline for covid. noe that I have this experience, i find it easier to role with it. We hav figured out what works well and what doesnr and we continue to learn..

importance of ongoing feedback

This section was great like all the training we do . I plan on talking to the student with zoom calls the seem to like a little one on one . i might evn get them to use computer or cell phones to look stuff up and report out on it . This things seem to be great tools to help us do our jobs.

Thanks for letting me do my part in this training i feel like a valued team member being allowed to give input

Reply to Aricka McCauley's post: There are many ways to communicate. It is best to ascertain the most appropriate for students and instructor ommensurate with the data and timing. Some platforms are complicated and require computer/technological intelligence. Best practice is the one most easily adaptible to sutudent/instructor needs. 

Interacting with students needs to be done with the proper communication system and must be analyzed carefully to ensure proper communication. Each tool has pros and cons and needs to be reviewed with the student to be utilized efficiently.

Technology is extremely versitile for the online learner.

There are many options/methods/tools available for communication.  Intructor need to assess the most efffective method by understanding the features of each tool.

There is a lot of technology and social media tools we can carefully implement in our courses that can help the students learn, communicate and be succesful in their studies. As instructors we need to review each source and see what will be more effective for the course and the students. We need to ask for feedback from students to see if the technology, social media or tools we used for the course were helpful and if we should keep for future courses or make the appropriate changes.

Many ways to communicate are readily available to students and instructors. The importance of notification of necessary hardware and software for a specific course.

When chooing the appropriate means to communicate with students, it is important to think about the group size you are working with and the effectiveness of the tool. It is of upmost importance that the tool be one that is easily navigated and user friendly, while also a good means for effective communication. 

It might be small but the thing I learned specifically was setting up expectations with students about one-on-one/small group communication. I need to reiterate the importance a few times throughout the semester, reminding students to check their email and announcements via the LMS. It helps create a communication pipeline that everyone can follow without feeling overwhelmed. A real win-win situation!

Technology tools sometimes can be intimidating, which is why it's necessary for us as Instructors to also step out of our comfort zone and explore new ways to implement communication tools. I'd like to explore currents apps or social media trends that our student find easy to use.

It is important to find out what communication methods work best for students and to change it if it is not working well.

I was familiar with and had utilized some fo the tools prior to working on this course. I am learning how to best choose what I ascertain to be the right tool for the right job, and also valuable ways to evaluate the effectiveness of th echosen tools

Feedback is necessary. This provides a clear picture as to how effective, user-friendly, etc. technology is for the student experience. 

What I learned is that as an instructor you have to adapted to what the students use to their adavtage that will help them become successful, times have changed and the way that we learned 10 years ago is very different than how some learn in this day and age. we have to use all this new technology to our advantage. 

My observation of the following presentation are that there are many different tools that can be used to effectively communicate with students. Although, these tools are all useful tools, some are more effective based on size of the class or number of students. I think it is important to be able to differentiate which are more appropriate than others, especially now since technology is becoming more prevalent and utilixed in our classrooms.

Different technologies for communications need to be investigated so that one is selected to meet the needs of the course. 

Communication represents the fundamental step of both teaching and learning, and communication is the most important part of any learning process. The accent on communication in an asychronous environment is even greater because it can have a great impact on the overall success of your teaching.

There are a number of tools for Instructors and students to communicate with one another in an online environment.

Sign In to comment