Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The following questions may be added to an instructor's end-of-Course evaluation to help assess the technology communication tool's effectiveness.

It is wise to investigate all technology tools and use the tools that best fit students and instructors.

Texting and phone calls to students in an online format are very effective ways of communicating. 

Different forms of communication is important when going from F2F to online. 

i think its important to see both point of views

I learned that telephone contact should be for between 10-20 and may nnot alwyas be effective for larger groups. Email communicatiion with studetns should be at specific times and with good instructions provided with expectations. Also, I liked the breakdown on the specific tools for small and large group interactions.

It's important for the instructor to selected the ritght communication tool when communicating to their students'.   The communication tools have there pros and cons when they are used to communicate with a class.

Communication is a key component when it comes to learning. There are a variety of tools that can be used in the online classroom that can enhance communication between the educator and the students. Choosing the appropriate platform and using its related features are vital to achieve this goal. The effectiveness of the online tools used should be gauged regularly by both the educator and the students in order to respond and adapt to the needs of the "classroom" as quickly as possible. 

y to Lawrence Bufalino's post:  The formative and the summary allows for feedback in real time and also at the end. This is great because it allows for quick correction to difficult areas of communication.

I have never been a social media user, but I can see how effective a modality it can be when used with students

Texting tools (like Remind) speak to the students' familiarity with technology and enhance their empowerment by being able to reach their instructor if they are not at their computer.  It's another tool that helps with the communication process, but is better for short bursts of information.

Using technology to communicate with students can be effective. We must always remember to maintain professionalism even though the means of communicating may not be as formal.

I like the many different ways of communication being that some people are not into all communication network facebook would be great to have a private group with your students to ask questions give feedback. I also like how they talked about only answering emails certain times and letting student know that emails will only be accepted during certain times of the day. It will make them responsible enough to know I have a small window to a.) get my work turned in at this time b.) my instructor only answer emails at this time of the day. this was very useful. not to mentioned some of the communication tools listed I never heard of so that was nice as well  

I have learned that it is vital to mind the benefits and detriments of a given communication technology so that you are better able to facilitate an online learning environment.

I learned to examine the current tool of communication that I am utilizing and to take the time to deturmine if there are other potentially more efficient ways to communicate. 

It is good to assess the technoloigy tools using in the course during the course and at the end of the course.  I will gather information from my students in future courses.

Communication with online students:  investigate all tools available, set strict guidelines regarding messaging (email, group discussions, etc) about when to check and when not available.  

There are many different communication tools. It is important to find the best one for the purpose.

I learned it is important to research the communication tool planning to use and assess its pros and cons. It is important to not assume that every student knows how to use the electronic and virtual tools provided so the communication process can proceed smoothly. As an instructor I must provide instructions to students to help them learn how to interact in the environment.

I have learned from this course the importance of selecting the best communication tools for a course.  In addition, it's critical that the students know how to use the technology and expectations.

Sign In to comment