Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think assessing the technology tools for effective communication is very important. When doing this I have to have in mind first, to find the proper tool and its function and second to evaluate the pros and cons of each tool. 

I learned that choosing the right technology tool is an important bridge to communication.

Communicating with students is vital to learning and relationships. Selecting the appropriate tool for the audience and message is important so the message does not deteriate.

This lesson reaffirmed that you MUST check to make sure your technology is compatible with the student's equipment.  So many times in F2F instruction, I find that the technology will work on my computer but it is not compatible on the student laptop.

Investigating online communication tools and then selecting the correct channel for communication is important. I learned it is okay to use text with students from this module--to really think about how the student wants me to communicate with them.

Using varius technology tools allows the online teacher to fundamentally change the traditonal way that students learn. The use of technology improves student learning retention and allow student process at their pace.

To ensure the message can be conveyed it is important to match teh tech communcaiton tool to its funciton. I need to learn how to choose the correct tech tool so teh message sent to my students is received with little to not upcoming distractions.

I have learned the value to research the pros and cons of each tool. The importance of knowing the abbrevation so that I can better relate to students.

It's important to understandand and choose the best ways to commnicate with a student or the entire class.With todays technology many forms of communication are available.Finding the correct form of communication is the key for the instructor and students.

I will consider more use of Zoom conferencing to allow more face to face interaction with students. 

It was great to understanding how technology tool can help and how it can add to the learning.

There are many ways to communicate with students. Sometimes a bit of out-of-the-box thinking is required to meet them where they are!

Spending more time on choosing/evaluationing the communication tools will definetly be implemented in my choice structure from now on. Often we get in a dryspell and simply use what is easiest for us. Although easy is a good thing, is it most appropriate for the communication structureIi need in this specific class?

Right now, when the whole world seems to be "remote," it's more important than ever to understand the difference ways to use technology to interact with students.  This module has made me think about how to implement a multi-modal approach and to get feedback from my students, so that I am using the most effective tool or tools - what is most useful for my students, no necessarily what I THINK is the best. 

I had never thought about the use of social media for online course discussions.  I like this.  I like being able to use less email and replacing with more creative communications.

I learned that the onlne tools that you are going to use have to be compatable with the right resources. They have to be checked out before so esnsure the students have full access to the tools and they are working properly and to ensure to disable any functions that you do not need the students to use. 

I have learned the importance of both student feedback and assessment of the pros and cons of communication method(s).  I plan to apply these lessons learned when teaching online courses.

With the ever increasing numbers of communication tools, the first step is to evaluate the tools available and choose carefully the ones most appropriate to the goals for the class.  The formative assessments froquently throughout the class are beneficial because immediate change can be implemented if necessary with the sumative assessment at the end of the course providing an overall evaluative of the communication tools used in the course.

I learned that we must understand and use the correct form of communication when dealing with online courses. It is vital to understand which form of communication is suitable for the topic at hand.

I have learned more communication tools than email and texting that enhances learning.

Sign In to comment