I learned the various technology communication tools that can be used for online courses. I also learned how social media may be used effectively as a communication tool in the online environment. Finally, I learned what Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and how it can be used with products like Google Meet, Skype, and Zoom.
I learned that a good class needs good communication tools for learning better. We should get feedback from students and evaluate tool's effectiveness for modified or replaced them.
I have yet to try using any social media when teaching online courses, however, it does seem as though it could be a very effective way of sharing supplemental materials to students. If I am scrolling through social media and I find an article about a topic related to what we are discussing that week in class, I can instantly share it.
I have learned that I am very far behind using technology (apps etc.) for communicating with friends and acquaintances, let alone using the technology in the classroom for instructional purposes.
There are many options for communicating. Social media is not excluded from this. One great use for X that I have seen is math solutions communication I2S, S2S and S2I.
I learned to evaluate whether the chosen technology is enhancing or hindering communication.
It is important to use the right tools to communicate effectively in an online environment. There are several technology communication tools available and each one can enhance communication and each one will also have its challenges with use. During the course, it is important to determine if the chosen tool works effectively and if it does not then changes need to be made to improve the communication process. Asking pointed questions about the tools in an end of course evaluation will also help determine if the tool works as intended or if changes are needed.
Everything from synchronous to asynchronous communication are tools to help you have access to your students. Now, some of these tools are more effective channels of communication than others. In addition, to several social platforms which can be used to communicate with your students they're aware of these social media outlets like facebook, instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter now renamed X. Now these are static and the urgency to get in contact with your student is not an active (live) form of communication.
Using a telephone call is just as good to emphasize some deadlines your student may need to keep in mind to succeed in class and give you a chance to avoid late examinations. A quick message to a student can be useful when they know the acronyms for example ttyl (talk to you later) and lol but it should be kept to a minimun bc its nota professional format.
Through the course, I was able to explore the different media outlets. The importance of evaluating technology before implementing it.
Communication can be done many different ways, theres no reason why you cant ask your students their way they like to communicate.
I learned that various technology tools can enhance effective communication. Being familiar with these tools is essential for successful virtual communication. By considering the purpose of the message and selecting the most suitable tool, instructors and students can effectively convey their ideas and meet each other's needs.
I learned that texting should be for messages that are short and straight to the point I.E. reminders. Expressing texting professional is important will start asking my students what way works for them
This course has taught me the importance of utilizing different forms of communication and inquiring from my students' what ways they prefer to communicate.
Hi everyone,
I learned the importance of selecting tech tools that align with communication goals. I'll focus on clear guidelines, varied methods (such as email and meetings), and evaluating the effectiveness of the evaluation tool. I plan to use social media professionally and teach my students to do the same.
What tools have you found most helpful?
Several communication tools are acceptable for online learning, as long as they convey the message clearly and effectively. Formative evaluations of these tools should be completed throughout the course and revised, modified, or replaced as deemed necessary based on the feedback.
There are a variety of technology tools that can be utilized for synchronous and asynchronous learning in online classes. It's important to research the validity and appropriate use of these tools, based on what the course is meant to convey to the students. Many factors need to be taken into account, including the needs to the students. It's important to get constant feedback from students and evaluate each tool's effectiveness. It's ok to switch up these communication methods as needed to best reach the needs of the students so that course content is effectively conveyed.
I need to use more varied tools- there are ones I'm comfortable with and I learned some new things to try out.
Communication is an important part of any endeavor. A good communication tool is essential for a class.
I get that social media is inherent for students of this era, but I don't agree with using it for interactions between and instructor and a student
I learned that social media is another form of communication between instructors and their students. I also learned that instructors should have ongoing communication with students about the various sources.