Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

So far this has stressed the importance of effective and clear communication that is not just verbal one on one, but through many tools and services. Also the importance of feedback for improvement. 

You must effectively research the tool being used as well as it's function to ensure that you are properly conveying your message to your audience.

With all of the different technology based communications tools out there. As the instructor you need to determine first what information your needing to communicate to the students then determine the best delivery method. 

I learned the importance of proper and timely communication with Online students

There are various ways to communicate with students. They vary on type of activity and communication needs of instructor and student.

The main fact to understand the communication and the way the t we use the technology with the students is understand the student's communication and the way that they use their social media and technology to communicate each other. Find the right channel and clarify the rules that all of us interact with those tools

While everyone has their own personality and style, there are some common threads for successful communication for the students. Recognizing the tools available to meet the needs of the students, and blending them with our expertise and style with technology, will lead to higher success rates for our students.

I like the emphasis on selecting the appropriate technology and online platforms to meet the needs of the students and course material. It's such a tremendous factor in determining the success of a virtual learning environment.

It is important to be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the communication tool I have chosen to make sure it is the most effective way of communicating with my students.  If the tool is ineffective, I need to consider evaluating another tool.

Technology tools are essential for enhancing effective communication in various contexts. Choosing the right tools aligned with communication goals is crucial for fostering effective communication within teams and organizations. Examples include: (1) Video conferencing software such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams enables face-to-face communication, bridging geographical gaps and (2) Collaborative document editing tools, such as Google Docs, streamline the editing process. 

Using the right technology to communicate to the class is very important. I prefer email as I don't like to give my cell phone number away.

I so appreciate being able to learn more about this topic, as well as how it influences how I teach my online courses.

It's always hard for me to keep formative and summative straight... formative- form- develop over time so it is done in the moment. Summative- summary- concluding at the end.

Communication needs to be effective and consistent to foster student instructor relationship. 

The flexibility of the course.

I have learned that there are many different types of tools that can be used for effective and efficient online communication.  It is important to vet the tool before implementing it within your class.  This enables the instructor to fully understand the limitations and functions of the selected tool.

I have had success using social media within my course and I intend to use it going forward.  As the course mentioned, social media is easy to implement because the students are already familiar with the platforms.

This was a great course that covered many aspects of using online tools and resources in a classroom setting.  It is important to determine what tools will work best for your course and your students before implementing tools.  It is also important to ask for feedback from students throughout the course so any changes can be implemented immediately.

Comment on Aricka McCauley's post: I think it's important to ask the students how they prefer to be communicated with. Some students rarely check their email but will easily respond to a text. We should always take a student-centered approach when considering the form of communication we're going to take.

Investigate the best technology tool that can convey the content and give students what is needed.

Sign In to comment