Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Time management is key to having a successful online course. It is important for the instructor to set up good time management practices. Make sure students know how long it will take to answer emails, provide feedback on assignments. It is also important to set boundaries between work and personal life and stick to it.

Course templets are good for time managment

Developing an overall organization plan to maintain a consistent presence in the class as well as allow time for all other tasks such as administrative duties will help the instructor facilitate the course better and be more focused on the students. 

Time mgt is essential.

I have learned that it important to check the completion of the students work. Having accurate and timely feedback is also important.

The instructor must be visible, organized and model the behavior for students to follow.  By providing expectations/rules/procedures to learners and and modeling these, the online course should be a success for both learner and instructor.  Planning and organization is key.

Instructores need to plan, be disciplined, and be flexible in developing their course. They should look to templates to help use their valuable time efficiently.

Be disciplined with your time!!!

Planning ahead and blocking out your time is important for an instructor. Acknowledging when and where you will work best is key and stick to your plan about when you'll be an available online precense. Don't set the expectation that you'll be online all the time.

At the beginning of the course setting up guidelines for instructor availability is important, maintaining the schedule is important as the student will have the information when instructor is available

It is important that the instructor establishes a quiet enviornment without distractions to teach the course.  Setting aside a specific time every day to dedicate to preparing and delivering the material is essential to a proper work/life balalnce.

Setting up clear guidelines when it comes to time managment is key.  

Time management, discipline and goal setiing is important to workload management.

Proper time management can make things in your personal and teaching life run much smoother.

I learned in this module about building an E Learning Model and how it revolves around the user's needs.  I was introduced to two different models for E Learning:  ADDIE and Robert Gagne's ID Model.  I think I will be trying the ADDIE way in my online environment. 

Gloria tImemanagement is not only for the student, but also for the instructor as well so this will help to elminate burnout.

I need to be proactive in planning and organizing my online course. Time management can help to ease the stresses of online teaching.

Learn how to manage yout time. Be available at certain times to answer questions and make that clear to the students.

The ADDIE systematic framework: Assess, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate sounds like a good plan to start the instruction process which would help with workload mangagement.

Do as much upfront planning as possible and plan on being flexible for delivery. Also, try and treat this as if you are at work. However, as a teacher the work always goes home. So are you really away from  work when online? I have cheked in over the weekend and outside of office hours with students questions. This did not always work out very well. I will plan on letting my students know about office hours and responce times in advance.

Sign In to comment