Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using a model will allow you to develop a more complete module, well prepared for the students to learn from.  This should allow for less changes in the module after evaluation, more minor adjustments.  Also using templates to set up your modules to provide consistency for you and your students.

Time management is important to acheve the right amount of information in the right amount of time makeing sure that you don't have to much subject for the time alloted for vis versa. If you put yourself in that try of situation your class will become board or over whelmed. 

Managing and modeling great time management skills are needed from day one in the online course.  Communicating expectations & setting boundaries is also key for a work-life balance.

Planning ahead and managing time is important. It is also important to have set times to assit students so that you are not receiveing emails all night long.

keeping a tight game plane and sticking to it.

A balance between professional and personal life is crucial to avoid burnout.

Plan ahead. Implement the plan and evaluate as the course progress. Keep the good parts ditch the bad. Doing course copy over saves a tremdous amoung of time.

It is important to find a work-life balance and to establish office hours. 

I tend to be extremely disciplined (coming from a Marine household). I have a timetable and I stick to it. I set aside certain times for activities like grading, but I also have slots set for extra sessions if needed. If they are not used up, I use that time for prep and catching up.

I tell my student that generally I am available most of the time but only promise to respond to emails within 24 hours.

Be organized and diciplined and stick to it. Time management and planning.

The main issue with time mangement is life. The key to it all is Plan B. If there is a problem at work go to work and fix it. Don't keep worrying about it while you are trying to complete something the is also important. I run on checklists and notes.

Increase organization and structure and then actually follow the plan that is established.

managing time and being organized helps in reducing workload

Good things to remember to keep up the numbers and students active.

• Nine Events of Instruction 
    1. Gain attention
    2. Inform learners of objectives
    3. Stimulate recall of prior learning
    4. Present the content
    5. Provide learning guidance
    6. Elicit performance (practice)
    7. Provide feedback
    8. Assess performance
    9. Enhance retention and transfer to the job

Planning is a key pre-requisite for time management.

While time management is not a new concept, this course focused on how to manage time and workload in the online environment.  It was a good reminder of the importance of organization and discipline in managing workload.

Again, time management is key for faculty and students. Setting boundaries is important especially when working from home. The work/home line is blurred and it is importatnt to set boundaries with students so you do not feel the pressure of always being 'on'. 

Make sure I am prepared so things run smoothly.

Organize your class before the term begins. Communite clearly 

Sign In to comment