Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Prioritizing tasks, sticking to those tasks and developing a schedule are important compontents of the organizational process for an online manager. 

Set a goal, plan it out, set boundaries and use self discipline.

Maintaining a schedule and separating work and personal time is essential.  Clear communication to the students with your online times is important to keeping this scheduling process effective. 

A lack of social presence cna lead to high level of frustation, lo level of affecting learning and indeifference towards instructors . As an online instructor and administrator my social presence allows for more effective adn smooth learning experince for the students.

Using online delivery models will help you develop a good course with maximum learning impact and minimum workload expectations. A good delivery model will take the learner into consideration in good instructional design and ensure that you have the elements of a good course

Management of time is important for the instructor. When we manage our time correctly we set an example to our students.

Time managmement for the instructor is very important 

Prioritizing teaching is very important for the success of online teaching.

Vital to practice good time management. Designate specific times for responding to emails, checking progress, etc. 

Must be organized.

I love the idea of establishing "office hours" as mentioned in this reading.  Telling students when I will/will not be answering emails and sticking to that time frame will help to keep a balance of work/home life.  The key is to say what you mean, and mean what you say, then stick to it.  

Some of these things I do, but I was glad that it was mentioned in here- create PPT slides (I use it for the daily agendas), podcasts, youtube videos, and a FAQ section.

Time management is crucial! Also, teacher to student interaction, and student to student interaction are both so important to keep them engaged and motivated.

Not only is it ok to not be available 24 hours a day, it is essential. Set specific times to answer questions, check e-mails, and teach. Organization is vital in avoiding burnout and helping promote a positive experience for the online learner.

Setting clear expectations for the instructor and the students is essential.  It is also important for instructors to have strong time management skills so that the online cours doesn't adversely affect the work/life balance.

To manage time effectively you need to be organized, be disciplined, distinguish between work and personal time and be flexible. This works with students as well as instructor.

I learned that having a work life balance is important to not only the instructors but the course as well. Being able to teach the online course without having distractions and setting boundaries helps with minimizing errors and misunderstandings.

Creating a presence in an online course is important to the success of the course.  Teachers must show that they are leading the online environment in a way that creates a sense of presence.

I would utilize videos of myself covering topics or demonstrating activities, and maintain a scheduled presence in discussion boards.

Plan your work and then work your plan!

Finding that work/life balance can be incredibly difficult. Avoid distractions and maximize your work time as much as you can.

Sign In to comment