Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to have proper and clear instructions for your content and modalities. Students should be able to clearly navigate through their assignments/assessments with minimal clarification. If clarification is needed, the instructor should be able to reach out in a timely manner. 

Lead by example, and make sure that there isn't any badgering or bullying going on within posts and online forums/chats.  I also learned a new acronym: ADDIE = Access, Desing, Develop, Implement, Exectute!

Planning and using a template are both very helpful.

Time management is crucial in balancing your workload.

Giving clear directions and objectives. Instructor presence is very important.

I live on the and that brings along a lot of distractions. I close the blinds.

Utilizing a template. 

A well structured course can reduce student and instructor stress, which creates a more conducive learning environment. Successful course design starts with a plan and includes several executions for fine tuning and modification. 

It is important to have a structured workday that is planned during times that are less likely to interfere with the instructor's concentration and progress but also important to establish boundaries and to explain those boundaries to students and stick to them.

I tend to be "available" at all hours except when I am actually sleeping, which the students appreciate, but it does create expectations that I will always respond quickly at any time of the day or night. I need to establish a set time period and stick to it.

I am excited by the idea of refining my course templates to further streamline my workload moving forward; there are some great tips here!

I look forward to learning more about this topic.

Work / life balance is so very important, in order not to get burned out.  Time management skills should be implemented to prevent this.

Planning is the key to online teaching. Prioritizing teaching and life is important. Instructors need to set up the time frame for work and communicate it to students is a strategy to manage workload.

Set aside time to complete tasks specific for your course.

Sign In to comment