Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning stratiegies to help prevent teacher burn out is very important. Life is stressful by itself, there for time management is key for online instructos. Be efficient with time and expectations for both students and instructor.

Establish concise procedures for instructor / student communication is essential for effective communication.

I think this module tries to point out successfull strategies to manage your time properly and in doing so, become a more successful online teacher in the process and many of the strategies discussed in this module are valid and I'm sure work in a lot of online teaching environments. Obviously, some of these things are easier said than done, such as "Distinguishing between work and personal life" including "setting boundaries so online work does not overwhelm their personal life'. I've worked 7 day a week, 80 hour a week jobs in the private sector before coming a teacher and while setting up such "boundaries" is a smart thing to do (when possible). However, at the end of the day, when the boss or customer demands something by a certain time and date, all of those "boundaries" go in the trash and you do what you have to, in order to keep your job and put food on the table.

I learned a lot about being properly organized as an online teachers.  As I get comfortable with courses they can become templates for future courses which will assist with my time management.

Having a healthy work life balance is vital.

Social presence is the degree of feeling, perception, and reaction of being connected to another intellectual entity, and in the context of an online learning environment, social presence impacts online interaction.

I agree with Judith PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, it helps to reduce the workload tremendously an helps effectively for you to manage your time effeiceinly.

This section focus on teachers must have a plan when teaching online. Time management and priortizing different elements is critical to having an effective classroom. Teacher must establish clear objectives, expectations. and create rules and policies. 

Plan, organize, assess and set boundaries for yourself and students is extremely necessary in online teaching.

THe online instructor needs to be present in the online forum. Teachers need to limit distrations around them as they lead their online class. Time management needs to be worked out and a schedule set. 

I can see that Being proactive by planning ahead of time is the key to successful time mamgement when teaching online.

The importance of planning and managing your instruction. Beging aware--and even revisiting--the common challenges of teaching online is important to user-center design.

Time management and planning are important 

Planning to have a schedule is an important time management tool. It is also important to convey this to students who may not have work in the online environment in the past. Also keep in mind that not all students have the technological skills to effectively navigate the online world.

Managing your time is essential. Work~Life

One of the things I've been concerned about is how to design an online course that's still engaging and helps my students become good problems solvers.  My subject is science, and I really rely on hands-on learning.  I have colleagues who, when asked to move to an online classroom, simply use the textbook online system where their students read the textbook, watch videos, and take m/c tests.  So with this in mind, there was a section on LMS where they stated that properly used lectures, video, guest speakers, discussions, group projects and individual reactions helped inspire students to think outside the box, etc.  It occured to me that this would make a pretty good template for repeated use in an online course, as all of these things can be translated online using technology.

Time management and wokload management are very important to being an effective online teacher.

Using administrator function means smooth course operations adn reduces instructor adn learner overload

Organize,then organize some more one sure way to support success for instructor and student is to do just that....organize.

Some examples of the characteristics of a good online educator are visability/social presence, have good organizational skills, have the skills to collect and analyze student data, and have the ability to lead by example.

Sign In to comment