Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using a template for common communication is a good idea and something I plan to try.

what's really important is l managing the workload of anline course is to assure an effective course.

I like the focus and the thought of setting priorities for work and family time.  Need to have work time but be able to sperate too.  

Creating a schedule is one of the best time management tools available. This schedule must be altered at  times as you progress through courses.

Planning ahead, managing administrative tasks, discipline, and keeping organized can help reduce the overworking for the teacher.

Effective time management prevents overload!

When teaching in an online environment, it is absolutely essential that the instructor—and by extension all aspects of the course—be carefully and completely organized

Anticipate problems and design the course to eliminate these obstacles. Create presentations, lectures in podcasts, and select video resources ahead of time to provide time to concentrate on teaching.

Procrastination is one of the bigggest problems with student/instuctor overload. Planning ahead of time is well worth the time and effort. There is nothing like an outdated syllabus uploaded to your LMS. I would just pass it off as saying that we are updated now I know, it should have been updated before the class began. Student overload for the inaccurate syllabus.

This module is titled "Workload management strategy for online teaching". The first section dealt with the characteristics of a good online instructor. What I learned, and really no surprise, is the characteristics are basical that same as the characteristics of a classroom teacher. Throughout this course I am fancinated that while I'm learning about being an online instructor, the course makes me reflect on classroom instruction, therefore improving my classroom instruction. An unexpected benefit.

Collecting data from your students can be done.  Design questions that focus on predesign issues and this will help you create a e-class module that is not just read the text and answer the multiple guess questions.

Planning and time management are key. It is easy to get overloaded and feel like you are always "on" Setting aside time to plan, time to respond to students, adn time to build assessments is vital or you get overloaded

I learned that using effective management helps with overload.  I plan to use the template.

It is so beneficial to put in the time before the students show to the course.  The more procedures and systems you have in place, the smoother work time will go for all.

I thought the point that the teacher is the role model for the students as an example to time management and communication strategies is critical.  Young students will only participate as much as the teacher requests their presence.

Time management skills to avoid work overload will create a more successful teaching environment and a more successful outcome for the students.

in order to eliminate overload, one can still adhere to the work required if they include a discussion board for "after hours" support that could come AFTER office hours.

The more you plan the less overload you will experience...professionally and personally.

In an ideal e-learning world I would have my source materials planned/chosen ahead of time, unlike how my life has been tossed into remote learning due to COVID 19.

Keep work life and personal life balanced.  You have to set boundaries and not allow work to interfer with your personal time.  Intentional planning will prevent this from happening.

Sign In to comment