Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The presentation of scaffolding is very realistic the students build on what they know and you can give input and also evaluate.

Using the syllabus as a road map for the course or module, students know what is expected of them. Your syllabus will change based on what the student needs are. Having good communication with students can and will help for a relationship in which students are comfortable and will ask for help when needed. Building off skills acquired in modules can and will help students master their trade. 

Statement in presentation, "students need to learn WITH the technology, not FROM the technology " 

in my opinion should be omitted,  as both statements are synonymous.

Having a clear and precise syllabus is pertinent to students understanding what will be expected and how they will be assesed.  Also the importance of allowing students the ability to brainstorm and openly converse on subjects without being assesed by the instructor can be a helpful tool through discussion with others to bring a different perspective and further clarity, or bring up questions about students understanding.  I believe these discussions need to be graded on relevant participation void of content in order to insure students get involved.

I like the idea of providing a reward for good participation.

I have done the "flat line" syllabus for the face to face class rooms, but see the need and will work on a more dinamic syllabus.

I learned about scaffolding and how it provides structure for student learning and focus for student activities.

After reviewing this module, I have learned that commuincation with students is the best way to succeed in online learning. All students communicate differently; however, finding the way they communicate individually will help them succeed. 

Everyone learns at a different pace. Giving everyone the tools to buit their scaffold to match their learing skills is essential for each indivdual to succeed.

Communication and collaboration are essential.  Students must feel like they belong.  Use web based tools to allow for interaction when planning course.  Make it clear int eh syballus means of communication used in the course.  Students need to learn with nor from technology.

Use website tools specially i2s is the main key to be a great online instructor.

Scaffolding is syllabus based. This  module has shown me the importance of continuing updated and modification of you syllabus.

I learned that creating a dynamic syllabus will help students have access to relevant information. Having information in an interactive live form, aids students to decrease time finding important information and decreases frustration. Scaffolding is important becau it bui on students prior knowledge and helps with creating a learning foundation.

I learned there is a difference in a "flat" syllabus and one used for an online course. The dynamic syllabus can be changed and is interactive.

A variety of Web-based tools allows for synchronous and asynchronous interaction. Examples include chat rooms, document collaboration, picture sharing, Web editing, journaling, etc.

A good syllabus is important for an online course.  Scaffolding of knowledge is also important.

this module was very important. The dynamic syllabus is one of the key,because it help ensure specific and effective communication in online courses

Making sure your course builds upon itself and use different forms of communication to make sure you are meeting all students where they feel the most comfortable.

I learned the importance of a Q&A section not only to save time and reduce frustrations for the student, but also the instructor. I plan on adding a Q&A section to all of my online classes.

I learned the vital importance of scaffolding in the online learning environment.  Students learn not only from previous assignments but also by incorporating prior knowledge/skills into the mix.

Sign In to comment